Questions regarding COVID-19 test kits
Wed, 03/25/2020 - 5:45pm
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Dear Block Island Community,
COVID-19 TESTING ON BI
- There is a nationwide shortage of COVID-19 tests and BI is no exception. Because of the shortage, the CDC and RIDOH directs that testing for COVID-19 be performed preferentially for patients who are very ill or who are considered high risk by a health care provider. In high risk or very ill patients testing will change the course of treatment. However, in mild or moderate cases testing will not change the course of treatment.
- Ideally by this time COVID-19 tests kits for widespread testing would have been made available by the federal government or by commercial labs. Although this was promised, it has not yet happened.
- As of this week, the Medical Center secured very few test kits to be selectively used for high risk individuals. We do not enough tests to consider routine screening yet.
- We continue to follow CDC and RIDOH guidelines and to monitor the availability of testing and will keep the BI community informed.
- Anyone with specific questions or concerns should contact Dr. Clark at the Medical Center (401) 466-2974 ext. 3