High wind warning issued
The National Weather Service has issued a high wind warning for Block Island for the next two days.
They posted the following information as a public alert notification:
...HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM THURSDAY TO 6 AM EDT
* WHAT...Northeast winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 60 mph
* WHERE...In Massachusetts, Barnstable MA, Dukes MA and
Nantucket MA Counties. In Rhode Island, Block Island RI County.
* WHEN...Late tonight through late Thursday night.
* IMPACTS...Damaging winds will blow down some trees and power
lines. Widespread power outages are expected. Travel will be
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...This will be a prolonged period of strong
to damaging winds. The strongest winds are expected at
Block Island Ferry
Interstate Navigation posted the following alert on its website:
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 9TH: WE HAVE CANCELLED OUR HIGH SPEED FERRY SERVICES FOR TODAY. THE TRADITIONAL FERRY WILL LEAVE POINT JUDITH AT 9AM TODAY ONLY AND FROM BLOCK ISLAND TODAY AT 8:15AM AND 11:45AM. ALL OTHER TRADITIONAL FERRIES ARE CANCELLED FOR TODAY. RESERVATION OFFICE WILL OPEN EARLIER TODAY AT 8AM. 1-866-783-7996