How to place your food order at the Block Island Grocery
Curbside Grocery Pickup at the Block Island Grocery MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY
Here is some general information regarding ordering grocery for pickup at the Block Island Grocery:
• All Lottery Sales and Redemptions are suspended until further notice.
• Alcohol and Cigarettes will continue to be sold to customers. Customers under 30, please bring your ID.
• Initially, we will not be making sandwiches and/or lunch and dinner specials. If this changes we will post an update to our Facebook page and we will keep The Block Island Times apprised of any updates as well.
• We will honor Senior Discounts, please bring your card when you pick up.
• Email or Fax orders (email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 401-466-5417) may be sent between 6 pm the night before up to 2:30 pm on the day of pickup. Please include a cell phone or local phone number so that we can text or call to let you know we did receive your order. If you do not receive a text or call by 10 am (for orders placed overnight), please call to verify that we have received your order.
• We will start taking phone orders between 9 am and 3 pm on Monday, April 6. We will take order via phone (401-466-2949 x 30 for English and x 35 for Spanish). If you are trying to place your order by phone and your call goes to voicemail, please call back. We will also be working with SEAPOD, filling orders that they receive for delivery. Their phone number is 401-871-5061 and their email address is email@example.com
• When placing your order, please make sure you let us know whether you would like us to substitute if your specific item isn’t in stock. If you do not make this designation, we will not substitute.
• We will NOT accept any returns under any circumstances as per state health department requirements.
• All orders MUST list a cell phone or a landline phone number so that we can notify you when your order is ready for pickup.
• All orders will be paid for at the time of pickup, similar to the local restaurant curbside delivery. We will provide you with your grocery receipt and will take your credit card, cash or check and process the payment and return your credit card to you along with your groceries.
• When placing your order, it is very important that you are a specific as possible, listing brand, size and flavor or various items. Also make sure to be specific with which deli/meat products you are requesting as well as the weight or quantity desired.
Name: John Doe (Senior Discount)
Cell: (123) 456-7890
Home Phone: 401-466-1234
Please Substitute if items are unavailable
2 Jars Ragu Plain Spaghetti Sauce
2 Boxes Ronzoni or Barilla Thin Spaghetti
½ Gallon Whole Milk (2% if Whole not available)
1 pkg. White Mushrooms
2 Spanish Onions
1 Green Pepper
1 Red Pepper
1 and ½ pound 85/15 Ground Beef
1 pkg. Sweet Italian Sausage or 6 Sweet Italian Sausages
From the Deli
½ lb Boar’s Head Mozzarella
¾ lb Russer Virginia Baked Ham
1 tub Turkey Hill Double Dunker Ice Cream
1 Half Gallon size No Pulp Orange Juice (Not from Concentrate), brand doesn’t matter