Legal and Public Notice
PUBLIC NOTICE INVITATION TO BID
TOWN OF NEW SHOREHAM,
CONSTRUCTION OF A WOODEN WALKWAY ALONG ANDY’S WAY
Sealed bids for the construction of the Construction of a Wooden Walkway Along Andy’s Way will be received at the office of the Town Manager, Town Hall, 16 Old Town Road, Block Island, RI until 1:00 p.m. local time on October 20, 2021. Once the bids have been received by the Town Manager’s Office, one representative from each firm will be allowed into the Council Chambers in Town Hall where the bid opening will occur, at which time they will be publicly opened and read for the Construction of a Wooden Walkway Along Andy’s Way.
All proposals shall be made on the forms furnished (two originals) and shall be enclosed in a sealed envelope marked:
“CONSTRUCTION OF A WOODEN WALKWAY ALONG ANDY’S WAY”
and shall be directed to the attention of the Town Manager, Town of New Shoreham, Rhode Island, Town Hall, Block Island,
Questions regarding the Plans and Specifications should be directed in writing to James J. Geremia & Associates,
Inc., 272 West Exchange Street, Suite 201, Providence, RI, 02903, Attn: Mr. James J. Geremia (at Jim@GeremiaEngineering.
com), no later than 12:00 p.m. on October 12, 2021.
Bidding Documents may be obtained from the Town’s Engineer (James J. Geremia & Associates, Inc., 272 West Exchange Street, Suite 201, Providence, RI, 02903, Tel: 401-454-7000) beginning on September 29, 2021.
Owner: Town of New Shoreham
By: Maryanne Crawford Title: Town Manager
Date: September 29, 2021
Zoning Board of Review
Meeting to be held in person at Town Hall, 16 Old Town Road, Block Island, RI.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session for a special
meeting on October 27, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. at Town Hall, 16 Old Town Road, Block Island, RI for hearings on applications for Variances, Special Use Permits and/or Appeals under the Zoning Ordinance. All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following Applications under the New Shoreham Zoning Ordinance:
1. Trahanas, Philip and Jennifer as Trustees of the Jennifer A. Trahanas Revocable Trust. Plat 14, Lot 31. Appeal
by Bluff Head, LLC, Michael Barile and Michele Ann McBride of a Decision of the Building Official issuing Permit to Philip
P. Trahanas and Jennifer A. Trahanas as Co-Trustees of the Jennifer A. Trahanas Revocable Trust for construction of a
fence. Letter dated 5/14/21 Permit No. B-21-153, dated 5/10/21.
2. BI Harborview Partners II, LLC. Plat 4, Lot 29. Fire # 638 Corn Neck Road. Application for a Variance from Sections 113(C) and 306(C) to demolish existing kitchen and construct a 28’x 40’ addition to the single-family dwelling.
3. Masiello, Mark. Plat 15, Lot 132. Fire # 997 Grace Cove Road/Old Dunn Road. Application for a Variance from Section 306 (C) to demolish an existing single-family dwelling and two sheds and construct a single-family dwelling, accessory residential structure, pool, accessory structure (gym), accessory structure (studio) and an accessory structure (garage).
New Shoreham Planning Board
Wednesday, October 13, 2021 4:00 p.m.
@ 16 Old Town Road, Town Hall Block Island, RI 02807
1. Overlook Realty, LLC. Plat
19, Lot 3. PUBLIC HEARING for an Application for the Preliminary Plan Stage review of a Major Subdivision of land off West Side Road.
2. Stinnett, Kara and Nathan. Plat 6, Lot 2-2. Fire # 465 Old Town Road. Pre-Application for a Minor Subdivision of land off of Old Town Road.
3. Discuss memorandum from the Block Island Housing Board regarding Zoning Ordinance Section 513, Accessory
4. Review of an amendment to the Town Ordinance regarding the Capital Budget.
5. Discuss seasonal employee housing / dormitories as potential new use in the Zoning Ordinance.
6. Approval of Minutes
To see supporting documents for this agenda at https://clerkshq.com/newshoreham-ri Individuals requesting interpreter
services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in
advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711
Posted 10/6/21 JB
Block Island Land Trust
Thursday, October 14, 2021, 2:00 p.m.
Hodge Property, Corn Neck Road, Block Island
Alternate Location In Case of Inclement Weather: Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island (masks requested for all)
2:00 p.m. – Open Session:
Annual Meeting of the Hodge Management Committee: Discuss and Act on stewardship and maintenance for the coming year
2:30 p.m. – Open Session: Regular BILT Agenda:
Treasurer’s Report (Monthly Receipts, Expenses, Account Balances): September 2021
Approval of Minutes: Open & Closed September 20, 2021; Special Closed October 5, 2021; Special Joint Open October 5, 2021
Discuss and Act on Summary of Findings Report (from Community Resilience Workshop)
Discuss and Act on Establishing a BI Land Trust Instagram Account
Stewardship- Discuss and Act on the following:
Hodge: (see above)
3:00 p.m. – Closed Session:
Acquisitions*, Litigation* Motion(s) as a result of closed session discussion
Next Meeting: November 18, 2021
*These items may be held in Closed Session pursuant to RIGL 42-46-5(a)(5) (acquisitions: including Plat 19, Lot 3, “Overlook,” and others being kept confidential at this time), and RIGL 42-46-5(a)
(2) (litigation: updates for Renz, TNS Zoning Board/Stockman-Washington County Superior Court Case #WC2016-250, Champlin’s Marina Case -Champlin’s Realty Associates v. Paul E. Lemont, et al, Supreme Court, SU-2020-00168 M.P.)
Those requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200 48 hours prior to meeting date. TTY:
Posted: October 6, 2021
All personal equipment must be removed from the entirety of the Great Salt Pond shoreline from November 15, 2021
through May 1, 2022, per the order of the Town of New Shoreham Harbormaster. Any equipment remaining after November
15 will be removed by the Town of New Shoreham Harbors Department and a violation will be issued.
Town Hall Meeting Room
Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 3 p.m.
1. Public Input
2. Approval of Minutes from September 14, 2021
4. Report of the Harbormaster
5. Discussion on Quahog Transplanting
6. Continue Discussion on Upweller Use and Location
7. Continue Discussion on Softshell Seeding for 2022 Season
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance. TTY: 711. Hs 10/5/21
Meeting to be held in person at Town Hall,
16 Old Town Road, Block Island, RI.
of a Public Hearing on an application for a Preliminary Plan review of a Major Subdivision.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Planning Board will be in session on October 13, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. for a regular meeting, 16 Old Town Road, Town Hall, Block Island, RI. All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following application under the Land Development and Subdivision Regulations:
Overlook Realty, LLC. Plat 19, Lot 3. PUBLIC HEARING for an Application for the Preliminary Plan Stage review of a Major Subdivision of land off West Side Road.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 Posted 9/22/2021