Legal and Public Notice
NEW SHOREHAM SEWER DISTRICT
Please be advised that from November 15 – November 17, 2021 Jet Cleaning of Sewer Lines will take place at various areas within the New Shoreham Sewer District.
Please call 466-3231 with any questions or concerns.
Town Hall Meeting Room
Thursday, November 18 at 12:30 p.m.
1. Approval of Minutes from October 12, 2021
3. Public Input
4. Report of the Harbormaster
5. Approval of Schedule of Fees
6. Continue Discussion on Private Mooring Issuance Process
7. Continue Discussion on Sand Removal in Old Harbor
Individuals requesting interpreter services
for the deaf and hard of hearing must call
(401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance.
TTY: 711. Hs 11/9/21
New Shoreham General Ordinances Chapter 9, Article III Harbors, Divisions 1 through 6.
New Shoreham Town Council
Town Hall, Old Town Road, New Shoreham
Wednesday, November 17, 2021 7:00 p.m.
The Town Council will hold a public hearing on November 17 to consider many changes to the Harbors Ordinance. The Harbors Ordinance changes are also a component of updates to the Town’s Harbors Management Plan which will be considered at a future meeting. The proposed amendments to the Harbors Ordinance are available online the Town’s website, and on the Rhode Island Secretary of State’s Open Meeting portal. Paper copies are available at Town Hall and the Island Free Library on Dodge Street. If you wish to submit comments about the ordinance amendments, please come to the public hearing, or comment by November 16 by email to email@example.com or by mail to New Shoreham Town Clerk, PO Box 220,
Block Island RI 02807. This notice is in lieu of advertising the entire ordinance.
Posted: October 26, 2021/FF
ZONING BOARD OF REVIEW
Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
16 Old Town Road, Town Hall
Block Island, RI 02807
The Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session for a meeting on Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. at 16 Old Town Road, Town Hall, Block Island, RI 02807.
THE AGENDA IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY THE CHAIRMAN OR UPON MOTION OF ANY MEMBER.
Approval of Annual Meeting Schedule for 2022
1. 32 Dodge Street Block Island OpCo, LLC. Plat 6, Lot 138 and Plat 6, Lot 141. Fire # 439 Dodge Street. Application for a Special Use Permit under
Sections 311 (E) and 407 for a hotel, two accessory hotel room structures and a hotel restaurant located on Lot 138.
1. Trahanas, Philip and Jennifer as Trustees of the Jennifer A. Trahanas Revocable Trust. Plat 14, Lot 31. Appeal by Bluff Head, LLC, Michael Barile and Michele Ann McBride of a Decision of the Building Official issuing Permit to Philip P. Trahanas and Jennifer A. Trahanas as Co-Trustees of the Jennifer A. Trahanas Revocable Trust for construction of a fence. Letter dated 5/14/21 Permit No. B-21-153, dated 5/10/21.
2. BI Harborview Partners II, LLC. Plat 4, Lot 29. Fire # 638 Corn Neck Road. Application for a Variance from Sections 113(C) and 306(C) to demolish existing kitchen and construct a 28’x 40’ addition to the single-family dwelling.
3. Masiello, Mark. Plat 15, Lot 132. Fire # 997 Grace Cove Road/Old Dunn Road. Application for a Variance from Section 306 (C) to demolish an existing single-family dwelling and two sheds and construct a single-family dwelling, accessory residential structure, pool, accessory structure (gym), accessory structure (studio) and an accessory structure (garage).
1. Babcock, Craig and Pamela. Plat 8, Lot 215. Appeal by John R. Formica, Jr., Terrence Delaney and Daren and Carolyn Gill of a Decision of the Building Official issuing a Building Permit to Craig and Pamela Babcock. Permit No. B-21-531, dated August 4, 2021 for construction of an addition to a single-family dwelling.
Approval of Minutes
To see supporting documents for this agenda go to Clerkbase: https://clerkshq. com/newshoreham-ri
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY:711 posted JB 11/10/21
Block Island Land Trust
Thursday, November 18, 2021, 4:00 p.m.
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
Masks Requested For All
4:00 p.m. – Open Session:
Meet with Police Chief Matt Moynihan:
Discuss and Act on Hiring Conservation Community Service Officer(s) for the 2022 Season
Treasurer’s Report (Monthly Receipts, Expenses, Account Balances): October 2021
Approval of Minutes: Open & Closed Minutes (Regular Meeting) October 14, 2021; Open & Closed Minutes (Special Meeting) October 8, 2021; Open Minutes (Special Meeting) October 5, 2021; Open Minutes (Special Joint Meeting) October 5, 2021 (corrected).
Stewardship- Discuss and Act on the following: Annual Stewardship Bids Solicitation for 2022 – Specifications, Schedules and Advertisement
Discuss and Act on Establishing a BI Land Trust Instagram Account
Discuss and Act on 2022 Meeting Schedule
4:30 p.m.– Closed Session: Acquisitions*, Litigation*
Motion(s) as a result of closed session discussion
Next Meeting: December 9, 2021
*These items may be held in Closed Session pursuant to RIGL 42-46-5(a) (5) (acquisitions: including Plat 19, Lot 3, “Overlook,” and others being kept
confidential at this time), and RIGL 42-46- 5(a)(2) (litigation: updates for Renz, TNS Zoning Board/Stockman-Washington County Superior Court Case #WC2016-250, Champlin’s Marina Case -Champlin’s Realty Associates v. Paul E. Lemont, et al, Supreme Court, SU-2020-00168 M.P.)
Those requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200 48 hours prior to meeting date. TTY: 711. Posted: November 10, 2021
MORTGAGEE'S SALE ASSESSOR’S PARCEL ID # 012-003-004
1303 Old Mill Road
New Shoreham (Block Island),
The premises described in the mortgage will be sold subject to all encumbrances and prior liens on November 29, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. on the premises by virtue of the Power of Sale in said mortgage made by Donn Frageau and Diane Tripler dated June 25, 2010, and recorded in Book 421 at Page 253, et seq. of the New Shoreham Land Evidence Records, the conditions of said mortgage having been broken:
$5,000.00 by bank check or certified check at time of sale is required to bid; other terms will be announced at time of sale.
The property to be conveyed will be that described in the deed recorded in book 161 page 297 et seq. of the New Shoreham Land Evidence Records, pursuant to the derivation clause in the legal description in said mortgage.
Bendett & McHugh, P.C.
270 Farmington Avenue, Ste. 151
Farmington, CT 06032
Attorney for the present Holder of the Mortgage