Blood Drive coming up
To the Editor:
Our next blood drive will be on Thursday, May 2 from 11:30 to 3:30 at the Block Island School gymnasium. We have given for so long we often forget who we help:
- Women and newborns during complications with childbirth
- People with heart disease and blood disorders like anemia
- People who suffered trauma from accidents, disasters, or severe burns
- People battling blood cancers or undergoing chemotherapy
- People needing surgeries and organ transplants
Please make every effort to donate. Here are some things to remember:
- No upper age cutoff
- Age 16 may donate with parent’s permission. Forms for this are available at the school
- Anyone age 17 and older can give
- Bring your driver’s license
If you would like to make an appointment, visit www.ribc.org. Appointments are taken before walk-ins.
Anyone who has had Lyme disease may be able to give. One month must have passed after you are symptom-free. You may be able to donate after a heart attack or cancer.. Anyone who has had had babesiosis can no longer donate. If you have questions of eligibilty, call (401) 453 8307. Please remember your donation may save up yo three lives.
Peter Greenman, Coordinator
Rhode Island Blood Center
The peeps showed up
To the Editor:
We have no idea who left the Easter goodie bag on our property. Thank you, thank you, thank you. The peeps were making noise when we opened the door. You are great.
Peter and Sandy Greenman