New Shoreham Town Council Agenda
New Shoreham Town Council meeting will occur in person. To see supporting documents for this agenda, go to: Clerkbase https://clerkshq.com/NewShoreham-RI. The meeting can be watched on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmvoSBIQ0bsFRg1kxPgNVCA
1. Public Comment
2. Discuss and act on an emergency Town ordinance to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 to protect the health, safety and welfare of the residents of and visitors to the Town which are imminently imperiled by the unforeseen circumstance of a large spike in the increase in COVID-19 cases in the Town as reported by the Block Island Medical Center.
3. Report from Dr. Thomas Warcup, BI Medical Center Director, regarding COVID-19 and public health
4. Boards, Committees and Commissions: Discuss and act on Appointment to Commission on Motor Vehicles for Hire Committee
5. Appeal of Administrative Denial of Application for Special Event License of Champlin’s Marina & Resort to hold 2021 Off Soundings Club Fall Regatta Series September 17- 18, 2021 at Champlin’s Marina, West Side Road, Block Island
6. Discuss and act on process to cast New Shoreham’s Utility District Election Ballot (issued to Town as ratepayer)
7. Discuss and act on open session minutes: September 1, 2021, August 18, 2021, August 4, 2021; August 2, 2021; July 29, 2021; July 21, 2021; August 17, 2020; August 16, 2020; August 12, 2020; August 3, 2020; August 3, 2020 BOLC; August 29, 2020; July 29, 2020; July 21, 2020; July 8, 2020; July 1, 2020 6:30; July 1, 2020 7:00; June 26, 2020 12:30 PM; June 25, 2020
8. Discuss and act on closed session minutes: Executive session minutes of July 19, 2021; July 21, 2021; July 12, 2021; August 16, 2020; July 29, 2020;July 8, 2020; June 26, 2020; June 25, 2020 (This discussion may be held in executive session pursuant to RI General Laws 42-46-1(a) (1) the
meeting may be held in closed session for discussions of the job performance, character, or physical or mental health of a person or persons provided that such person or persons affected shall have been notified in advance in writing and advised that they may require that the discussion be held at an
open meeting, RIGL 42-46-5(a) (3) discussions regarding security, including, but not limited to, the deployment of security personnel or devices, RIGL 42-46-5(a)(5) Any discussions or considerations related to the acquisition or lease of real property for public purposes, or of the disposition of publicly held property wherein advanced public information would be detrimental to the interest of the public; and RIGL 42-46-5(a) (7) A matter related to the question of the investment of public funds where the premature disclosure would adversely affect the public interest. Public funds shall include any investment plan or matter related thereto, including, but not limited to, state lottery plans for new promotions.)
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date.