Next Blood Drive is March 3
To the Editor,
The next Block Island Community blood drive with Rhode Island Blood Center (RIBC) will be held on Thursday, March 3, from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Harbor Church.
Here are some quick things to keep in mind:
- If you would like to make an appointment, visit www.ribc.org/drives or call (401) 453-8383. Enter sponsor code 2639. Walk-ins can only be accepted if safe social distancing allows at the time of arrival.
- Anyone 17 years or older can donate. There is no upper age limit to donating. Sixteen-year-old donors need a parent’s permission slip that can be found at ribc.org/permission.
- Please bring your driver’s license or other form of identification.
-Concerning tickborne illnesses: If you have had Lyme disease in the past but you were diagnosed more than 30 days ago and are feeling fine now, you may donate blood. You cannot donate blood if you are still taking antibiotics. If you’ve had a positive test for Babesiosis, you may donate two years after the positive test.
- Please contact RIBC’s medical team at (401) 453-8307 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
- For most medical conditions, including cancer or heart attacks, you can donate once you’re feeling well and after a period of time. Most medications do not disqualify you from blood donation. Learn more at ribc.org/giving-101/facts-faqs/ or if you have a specific question, please contact our medical team at (401) 453-8307 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether you are a year-round resident or a guest on the island, please consider giving. The need for donations here and across the country is great right now. One donation from you can help save three lives. From beginning to end, the process will take about one hour.
MaryAnn Seebeck, MS, RN