Next Blood Drive is Nov. 4
To the Editor,
The next Block Island community blood drive with Rhode Island Blood Center will be held on Thursday, Nov. 4, running from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Harbor Church.
This blood drive will be held in memory of Peter Greenman, who was the coordinator of the drive for 27 years. Peter was named RIBC’s Coordinator of the Year in 2020.
All presenting donors will be entered in a drawing to win a pair of tickets to see “Hamilton” at the Providence Performing Arts Center.
Here are some quick things to keep in mind:
- If you would like to make an appointment, visit www.ribc.org/drives or call (401) 453-8383. Enter sponsor code 2639. Walk-ins can only be accepted if safe social distancing allows at the time of arrival.
- Anyone 17 years or older can donate. There is no upper age limit to donating. Sixteen-year-old donors need a parent’s permission slip that can be found at ribc.org/permission.
- Please bring your driver’s license or other form of identification.
- Concerning tick-borne illnesses: If you have had Lyme disease in the past but you were diagnosed more than 30 days ago and are feeling fine now, you may donate blood. You cannot donate blood if you are still taking antibiotics. If you’ve had a positive test for Babesiosis, you may donate 2 years after the positive test. Please contact RIBC’s medical team at (401) 453-8307 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any
- For most medical conditions, including cancer or heart attacks, you can donate once you’re feeling well and after a period of time. Most medications do not disqualify you from blood donation. Learn more at ribc.org/giving101/facts-faqs/ or if you have a specific question, please contact our medical team at (401) 453-8307 or email@example.com
Whether you are a year-round resident or a guest on the island, please consider giving. The need for donations here and across the country is great right now. One donation from you can help save three lives. From beginning to end, the process will take about one hour.
Block Island Account Manager
Rhode Island Blood Center