Public Notice December 10, 2016
Notice of Public Hearing
Proposed Amendment to New Shoreham General Ordinances
Chapter 19, Article III “Water District,” Division 2 - Established,
Section 19-241 – Plat and Lot Listing
Town Hall, Old Town Road
Wednesday, December 21, 2016
The New Shoreham Town Council will hold a public hearing to consider amending New Shoreham’s Revised General Ordinances Chapter 19 Utilities, Article III Water District Division 2 - Established; Section 19-241 – Plat and lot listing - to add property.
Property to be added to the Water District is:
PLAT LOT SUB
10 41 0
10 42 0
10 43 0
The Town Council will hold a public hearing on the foregoing at the time and place above, when all persons for or against may be heard and the Town Council may act on this proposal and/or amendments hereto.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711.
Posted: November 21, 2016
Hearing: December 21, 2016 Town Clerk Fiona Fitzpatrick
Town Hall Meeting Room
Old Town Road, Block Island
Tuesday, December 13, 2016
1. Call to Order.
2. Town of New Shoreham. Block Island School. Plat 10 Lot 1 Request for written comments to the Planning Board in reference to the installation of a solar energy system at the Block Island School.
3. Election of Officers
4. Approval of Meeting Schedule for 2017
5. Approval of minutes of September 13, 2016
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call (401)466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711
posted: 12/5/2016 ksc
Notice to: Willy R. Grullon, and any & all parties in interest
In Re: Stephanie Franca Grullon d/o/b: 01/31/2003
Juvenile Number: 2016-1189-1
Case Number: WSP-16-000007
A Petition has been filed in the Rhode Island Family Court to terminate your parental rights. The Petition is scheduled for hearing at the Washington County Family Court, 4800 TOWER HILL ROAD, WAKEFIELD, RI 02879 on the 17th day of January, 2017 at 9:00AM. If you do not appear on the 17th day of January, 2017, an Order will enter terminating your parental rights to this child.
Ronald J. Pagliarini
Block Island Land Trust
Thursday, December 15, 2016, 4:00 p.m.
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island, RI
4:00 PM – Open Session:
1. Ball-O’Brien: Harbormaster Facilities
2. Public Input
a. Award Stewardship Bids for 2017
b. Hodge: Update on Amendment to Agreement & Management Plan
b. Solviken: Update
c. Ball-O’Brien: Update
4. Review & Approve Draft Audit Report for FY 2016
5 Treasurer’s Report: November 2016
6. Secretary’s Report
7. Approval of Minutes: Open & Closed November 10, 2016
8. Election of Officers
9. 4:30 PM– Closed Session: Acquisitions, Litigation *
10. Motion(s) as a result of closed session discussion
Next Meeting: Thursday, January 12, 2017
*This item will be held in Closed Session pursuant to RIGL 42-46-5(5) (acquisitions: confidential at this time), and RIGL 42-46-5(2) (litigation: updates for Champlin’s Marina Expansion–RI Supreme Court Case #2009-113,114,115-M.P., Renz, and TNS Zoning Board/Stockman-Washington County Superior Court Case #WC2016-250).
Those requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200
48 hours prior to meeting date. TTY: 711.
Posted: December 7, 2016
The Planning Board Meeting
Wednesday, December 14, 2016
4:00 P.M. @ Town Hall, Old Town Road
Block Island, RI 02807
The Town of New Shoreham Planning Board will be in session for a meeting on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 4:00 P.M. at the Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island, RI.
• Discussion with Department Heads regarding the New Shoreham Capital Budget Requests
• Philip and Alicia Hammarskjold Trust. Plat 19, Lot 51-1. Public Hearing for Development Plan Review for a Special Use Permit under Sections 113(b)(4), 306(E), 406, and 514 for construction of a single family dwelling, second dwelling unit, garage with accessory residential structure and an accessory residential structure.
• Philip and Alicia Hammarskjold Trust. Plat 19, Lot 51-1. Advisory to the Zoning Board of Review for an Application for a Special Use Permit under Sections 113(b)(4), 306(E), 406, and 514 for construction of a single family dwelling, second dwelling unit, garage with accessory residential structure and an accessory residential structure.
• Report on LCAS and act on a letter to disband the committee and include the priority recommendations into the on-going planning board agenda.
• Approval of Minutes
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY:711 jb 12/7/16
REQUEST FOR BIDS
Town of New Shoreham
Separate sealed BIDS for the: Interior wall, ceiling, window and trim painting on three floors at the Island Free Library will be received by the Town Manager until 2:00 pm (local time) Wednesday, January 4, 2017 and then at said office publicly opened and read aloud.
All Bids must be submitted and clearly marked: Island Free Library Interior Painting and contain the contractor’s registration number on the outside of envelope.
If submitted by mail, the properly marked, sealed envelope containing bid must be enclosed in an outer opaque envelope addressed to:
Town of New Shoreham
P.O. Box 220
Block Island, RI 02807
Bidders must review work to be done with Kristin Baumann, Library Director before submitting a bid. The Library Director can be reached at (401) 466-3233 or email@example.com Successful bidder must carry liability insurance and finish work by April 4, 2017.
No Bidder may withdraw his Bid within ninety (90) days after the scheduled closing time for receipt of Bid.
The Town of New Shoreham reserves the right to reject any/all Bids, waive any informalities in the Bids received, and to accept the Bid deemed most favorable to the interest of the Town of New Shoreham.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must notify the Town Clerk (401)466-3200 three (3) business days prior to the Bid opening.
Posted: 12/7/16 sjg