Public Notice December 16, 2016
REQUEST FOR BIDS
Town of New Shoreham
Separate sealed BIDS for the: Interior wall, ceiling, window and trim painting on three floors at the Island Free Library will be received by the Town Manager until 2:00 pm (local time) Wednesday, January 4, 2017 and then at said office publicly opened and read aloud.
All Bids must be submitted and clearly marked: Island Free Library Interior Painting and contain the contractor’s registration number on the outside of envelope.
If submitted by mail, the properly marked, sealed envelope containing bid must be enclosed in an outer opaque envelope addressed to:
Town of New Shoreham
P.O. Box 220
Block Island, RI 02807
Bidders must review work to be done with Kristin Baumann, Library Director before submitting a bid. The Library Director can be reached at (401) 466-3233 or firstname.lastname@example.org Successful bidder must carry liability insurance and finish work by April 4, 2017.
No Bidder may withdraw his Bid within ninety (90) days after the scheduled closing time for receipt of Bid.
The Town of New Shoreham reserves the right to reject any/all Bids, waive any informalities in the Bids received, and to accept the Bid deemed most favorable to the interest of the Town of New Shoreham.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must notify the Town Clerk (401)466-3200 three (3) business days prior to the Bid opening.
Posted: 12/7/16 sjg
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Town of New Shoreham, Rhode Island
Sealed Proposals will be received by the Town of New Shoreham until January 6, 2017 at 1:00 P.M. for a Planning Study to Investigate Alternatives for Corn Neck Road at the office of the Town Manager, #16 Old Town Road, Block Island, RI 02807 and at that time and place, bids will be publicly opened and read aloud.
The Town is seeking proposal for a planning study which will conceive, analyze and recommend potential alternatives to be considered to address storm surge inundation, erosion and sea level rise pertaining to Corn Neck Road work to be completed by August 30, 2017. Complete RFP may be obtained on the Town’s website: www.new-shoreham.com/requests.cfm.
Posted: 12/2/16 sjg
Historic District Commission Meeting
Monday December 19, 2016
Town Hall, Old Town Road
A. Call to Order
After presentations by the Applicant, members of the Public will be allowed 2 opportunities to speak on Agenda items. The Chair will ask if anyone from the Public has questions of the Applicant in an attempt to understand the project. After questions are closed, the Chair will ask if anyone from the Public has comments. Members of the Public will have up to 3 minutes per person to comment. Comments should be limited to the exterior design of the building and site. Comments will not be allowed as to the interior design or use of the project, etc. Thank you for participating.
B. Matters from the Public not on the Agenda
C. Approval of November 21, 2016 Minutes
D. Approval of 2017 Meeting Dates
• Town of New Shoreham, Block Island School. Plat 10 Lot 1. Written comments to the Town of New Shoreham Planning Board Re: Application for Development Plan Review for the Public Education Zone to install a solar renewable energy system at the Block Island School.
• Calvez, LLC. Plat 6 Lot 119. Application to replace first floor windows at the Darius Inn.
• Summer Breeze, LLC. Plat 5 Lot 3-4. Application to replace windows in “My Oyster” building.
• Ann Law. Plat 6 Lot 136. Application for final approval of an addition to existing structure and to make repairs as needed.
• The Nature Conservancy. Plat 7 Lot 39. Application to install a free standing sign along High Street entrance and to install three informational wall signs along the side of the building.
• BI Maritime Institute. Plat 5 Lot 64-01. Application for new signage plan for the entire BI Maritime Institute Building.
*Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY:711 posted: ksc 12/13/2016
of hearings on applications for Development Plan Review.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Planning Board will be in session at the Town Hall on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 4:00 P.M. for its regular monthly meeting. All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following application:
• Block Island School/Town of New Shoreham. Plat 10 Lot 1. Continuation of a PUBLIC HEARING on an Application for Development Plan Review under the Public Education Zone (Section 320) to install a solar renewable energy system at the Block Island School.