Public Notice January 21, 2017
Historic District Commission Meeting
Monday January 23, 2017
Town Hall, Old Town Road
A. Call to Order
After presentations by the Applicant, members of the Public will be allowed 2 opportunities to speak on Agenda items. The Chair will ask if anyone from the Public has questions of the Applicant in an attempt to understand the project. After questions are closed, the Chair will ask if anyone from the Public has comments. Members of the Public will have up to 3 minutes per person to comment. Comments should be limited to the exterior design of the building and site. Comments will not be allowed as to the interior design or use of the project, etc. Thank you for participating.
B. Matters from the Public not on the Agenda
C. Approval of December 19, 2016 Minutes
1. BI Economic Development Foundation, Plat 6, Lot 90. Application by the Block Island Early Learning Center to install a wall mounted sign on the front of the building.
1. John P. Kempf, Plat 6 Lot 75-3. Application to construct a pre-fab 12’ x 20’ shed.
1. John Spier. Plat 6 Lot 9. Application for final approval of new construction of a Single Family Dwelling.
*Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 posted ksc 1-18-2017
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
The Town of New Shoreham hereby requests sealed bid proposals for the following services:
BED & BREAKFAST ACCOMMODATIONS
Information is available on the above bids on the Town’s website at www.new-shoreham.com. Submit proposals in an envelope clearly marked with one of the above “services” and the bidder’s name should also appear on the outside of the envelope. Bids will be received in the Town Manager’s Office, #16 Old Town Road, Block Island, RI until 10:00 a.m. local time on Friday, February 3, 2017 and then shall be opened and read aloud.
If forwarded by mail, the sealed envelope containing the Bid must be enclosed in another outer envelope addressed to: James Lathrop, Town Manager, PO Box 220, Block Island, RI 02807.
The undersigned Bidder hereby agrees that the BID PROPOSAL submitted shall remain in effect and binding upon the Bidder for a period of 90 calendar days, from the date and time Bids are received.
The Town Manager reserves the right to reject any and all bids or any part thereof and to waive any informalities. Posted: January 18, 2017 James Lathrop Town Manager New Shoreham, RI.
THE ZONING BOARD OF REVIEW
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
5:00 P.M. @ Town Hall, Old Town Road
The Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session for a meeting on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 5:00 P.M. at the Town Hall, Old Town Road.
THE AGENDA IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY THE CHAIRMAN OR UPON MOTION OF ANY MEMBER
• The Dorothy S. McCluskey Personal Residence Trust. Plat 19, Lot15. Application for a Special Use Permit under Sections 306(E) and 406 for construction of a connector structure between the existing single family dwelling and the existing accessory dwelling.
• Island Enterprises, Inc. Plat 8, Lot 84-6. Appeal of correspondence from the Building Official dated June 6, 2016.
• Island Enterprises, Inc. Plat 8, Lot 84-6. Application for a Special Use Permit under Sections 113(B)(4), 309(E), 401 and 703 regarding the Barn restaurant.
• Philip and Alicia Hammarskjold Trust. Plat 19, Lot 51-1. Application for a Special Use Permit under Sections 113(b)(4), 306(E), 406, and 514 for construction of a single family dwelling, second dwelling unit, garage with accessory residential structure and an accessory residential structure.
• Gordon, Michael and Carol. Plat 13, Lot 24. Application for a Variance from Sections 113(E) and 306(C) for construction of a single family dwelling.
• Calvez, LLC. Plat 6, Lot 119. Application for a Variance from Section 113(C), 311(C), 511 and 502 to demolish an existing accessory structure and build an accessory residential structure.
Approval of Minutes
Election of Officers
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY:711 JBB 1/18/17
of a hearing on an application for Master Plan Stage for a Major Subdivision:
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Planning Board will be in session at the Town Hall Old Town Road on Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 4:00 P.M. for its regular monthly meeting. All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following application:
1. Block Island Housing Board. Plat 14, Lot 55. Public Informational Hearing for Master Plan Stage of a Major Subdivision for a subdivision named Cherry Hill Lane. The property is located off Cooneymus Road.