Public Notice January 7, 2017
The Planning Board Meeting
Wednesday, January 11, 2017
4:00 P.M. @ Town Hall, Old Town Road
Block Island, RI 02807
The Town of New Shoreham Planning Board will be in session for a meeting on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 4:00 P.M. at the Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island, RI.
• Block Island School/Town of New Shoreham. Plat 10 Lot 1. Continuation of a PUBLIC HEARING on an Application for Development Plan Review under the Public Education Zone (Section 320) to install a solar renewable energy system at the Block Island School.
• Philip and Alicia Hammarskjold Trust. Plat 19, Lot 51-1. Public Hearing for Development Plan Review for a Special Use Permit under Sections 113(b)(4), 306(E), 406, and 514 for construction of a single family dwelling, second dwelling unit, garage with accessory residential structure and an accessory residential structure.
• Philip and Alicia Hammarskjold Trust. Plat 19, Lot 51-1. Advisory to the Zoning Board of Review for an Application for a Special Use Permit under Sections 113(b)(4), 306(E), 406 and 514 for construction of a single family dwelling, second dwelling unit, garage with accessory residential structure and an accessory residential structure.
• Phelan, Blake and Michele. Plat 10. Lots 19-1 & 23-1. Pre-Application for a Major Subdivision of land on Payne Road.
• Gaffett, Lewis. Plat 6, Lot 3-3. Application for Development Plan Review for the construction of a Commercial/Residential Mixed Use Structure. Review and act on waiver requests and set the public hearing.
• Discussion/Act on the New Shoreham Capital Budget.
• Corn Neck Road Planning Study – Update
• Comprehensive Plan Implementation
• LCAS Action Items
• Discussion regarding potential action of the use of plastic bags and bottles.
• Airport System Plan Update
• Election of Officers
• Approval of Minutes
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY:711 jb 1/4/17
Block Island Land Trust
Thursday, January 12, 2017, 4:00 p.m.
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island, RI
4:00 PM – Open Session:
1. Ball-O’Brien: Harbormaster Facilities
2. Public Input
a. Solviken: Update
4. Kalba: Final Payment and Ownership Interest Decision
5. Request re: Fresh Pond and Hodge: Fuller Eagle Scout Bluebird Box Project
6. Review & Approve Draft Audit Report for FY 2016
7 Treasurer’s Report: December 2016
8. Secretary’s Report
9. Approval of Minutes: Open & Closed December 20, 2016
10. 4:30 PM– Closed Session: Acquisitions, Litigation, Personnel*
11. Motion(s) as a result of closed session discussion
Next Meeting: Thursday, February 9, 2017
*This item will be held in Closed Session pursuant to RIGL 42-46-5(5) (acquisitions: confidential at this time), and RIGL 42-46-5(2) (litigation: updates for Champlin’s Marina Expansion–RI Supreme Court Case #2009-113,114,115-M.P., Renz, and TNS Zoning Board/Stockman-Washington County Superior Court Case #WC2016-250), and RIGL 42-46-5(1) (Personnel-Admin Assistant wage request).
Those requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200
48 hours prior to meeting date. TTY: 711.
Posted: January 4, 2017