Public Notice March 4, 2017
of hearings on an applications and appeals
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session at the Town Hall, Old Town Road on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 5:00 PM for a regular meeting.
All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following Applications/appeals under the Zoning Ordinances:
• Island Enterprises, Inc. Plat 8, Lot 84-6. Appeal of correspondence from the Building Official dated June 6, 2016.
• Philip and Alicia Hammarskjold Trust. Plat 19, Lot 51-1. Application for a Special Use Permit under Sections 113(b)(4), 306(E), 406, and 514 for construction of a single family dwelling, second dwelling unit, garage with accessory residential structure and an accessory residential structure.
• The Dorothy S. McCluskey Personal Residence Trust. Plat 19, Lot15. Application for a Special Use Permit under Sections 306(E) and 406 for construction of a connector structure between the existing single family dwelling and the existing accessory dwelling.
• Gordon, Michael and Carol. Plat 13, Lot 24. Application for a Variance from Sections 113(E) and 306(C) for construction of a single family dwelling.
ZONING MODIFICATION REQUEST
Linda Jackson & Mark Maquire. Assessors Plat 11, Lot 10-2. Zoning Modification request is to enlarge an existing exterior shower enclosure and construct a new exterior deck connector between two existing exterior decks. The enlarged shower and deck connector will be located thirty seven feet six inches (37’ 6”) from the western property line of Lot 10-2. A fifty (50’) foot setback is required from all property lines in the Residential A (RA) Zoning District. If no written objections are received from directly abutting property owners by 13 March 2017 the Zoning Modification will be granted.
Marc A. Tillson
Town of New Shoreham
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
The Town of New Shoreham hereby requests sealed bid proposals for the following services:
Tippy Cans Services
Information is available on the above bids on the Town’s website at www.new-shoreham.com. Submit proposal in an envelope clearly marked “Tippy Can Services”. Bidder’s name should also appear on the outside of the envelope. Bids will be received in the Town Manager’s Office, #16 Old Town Road, Block Island, RI until 10:00 a.m. local time on Wednesday, March 8, 2017 and then shall be opened and read aloud.
If forwarded by mail, the sealed envelope containing the Bid must be enclosed in another outer envelope addressed to: Shirlyne Gobern, Interim Town Manager, PO Box 220, Block Island, RI 02807.
The undersigned Bidder hereby agrees that the BID PROPOSAL submitted shall remain in effect and binding upon the Bidder for a period of 90 calendar days, from the date and time Bid is received.
The Town Manager reserves the right to reject any and all bids or any part thereof and to waive any informalities. Posted: February 22, 2017 Shirlyne Gobern Interim Town Manager New Shoreham, RI
INVITATION TO BID
Town of New Shoreham, Rhode Island
P.O. Drawer 220
Block Island, RI 02807
Sealed bids for general contractors will be received by NEW SHOREHAM BOARD OF WATER COMMISSIONERS until 12:00 P.M. for the WATER IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT (WELL #5A) at the office of the Town Manager, Old Town Road, Block Island, RI on March 17, 2017 and at that time and place, bids will be publicly opened and read aloud.
Contract Documents may be obtained at the office of James J. Geremia & Associates, Inc., 272 West Exchange St., Suite 201, Providence, RI between the hours of 8:30 A.M. and 4:00 P.M., Monday through Friday, after February 28, 2017, or at the Town Managers Office, New Shoreham Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island, RI. Documents can only be obtained by general contract bidders.
Contract Documents will be provided on disk in .pdf format and will be sent by mail (via USPS). If Bidder requests the Contract Documents to be forwarded by Federal Express, the shipping fee will be borne by the Bidder. Bidder is to provide their Federal Express account number.
Each Bid shall be submitted (in duplicate) in accordance with the Instructions to Bidders.
No Bidder may withdraw their Bid for a period of one hundred twenty (120) days, excluding Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays, after the date of the opening of the Bids.
The successful Bidder must furnish a 100-percent (100%) Construction Performance Bond and a 100-percent (100%) Construction Payment Bond with a Rhode Island licensed surety company acceptable to the Owner within ten (10) days of Notice of Award.
Complete instructions for filing Bids are included in the Instructions to Bidders.
The Owner reserves the right to waive any informality in or to reject any or all Bids if deemed to be in its best interest.
Bidders shall adhere to the provisions of State Labor Laws concerning payment of prevailing wages.
Bidders on this work will be required to comply with the President’s Executive Order No. 11246, entitled “Equal Employment Opportunity” (as amended by Executive Order 11375) and as supplemented in Department of Labor Regulations 41 CFR Part 60. The requirements of Bidders and Contractors under this Order are explained in the Instructions to Bidders.
Minority business enterprises as defined by R.I. General Laws Section 37-14.1-3 shall have the maximum opportunity to participate in the performance of Subcontracts performed under this agreement. The Contractor will take all reasonable steps in accordance with the regulations promulgated under Chapter 37-14.1 of the Rhode Island General Laws to ensure that minority business enterprises have the maximum opportunity to compete for and perform subcontracts under this agreement.
The Planning Board Meeting
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
4:00 P.M. @ Town Hall, Old Town Road
Block Island, RI 02807
The Town of New Shoreham Planning Board will be in session for a meeting on Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 4:00 P.M. at the Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island, RI.
1. Block Island School/Town of New Shoreham. Plat 10 Lot 1. Public Hearing is closed. Discussion of a decision on an Application for Development Plan Review under the Public Education Zone (Section 320) to install a solar renewable energy system at the Block Island School.
2. Block Island Housing Board. Plat 14, Lot 55. Public Informational Hearing for Master Plan Stage of a Major Subdivision for a subdivision named Cherry Hill Lane. The property is located off Cooneymus Road.
3. Philip and Alicia Hammarskjold Trust. Plat 19, Lot 51-1. Public Hearing for Development Plan Review for a Special Use Permit under Sections 113(b)(4), 306(E), 406, and 514 for construction of a single family dwelling, second dwelling unit, garage with accessory residential structure and an accessory residential structure.
4. Philip and Alicia Hammarskjold Trust. Plat 19, Lot 51-1. Advisory to the Zoning Board of Review for an Application for a Special Use Permit under Sections 113(b)(4), 306(E), 406 and 514 for construction of a single family dwelling, second dwelling unit, garage with accessory residential structure and an accessory residential structure.
5. Corn Neck Road Planning Study – Update
6. Comprehensive Plan – Next Steps
7. Discussion of potential restrictions for plastic bags, bottles, and polystyrene.
8. LCAS Action Items
9. Approval of Minutes
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY:711 Posted 2/28/2017 ksc
THE BLOCK ISLAND SCHOOL
New Shoreham School Department
P.O. Box 1890, High Street, Block Island, Rhode Island 02807
401-466-5600 * Fax: 401-466-5610
LOCAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETING
New Shoreham School District
Monday, March 6, 2017
Block Island School Library
1. Update on Transition
2. Special Education Update
3. IDEA Grants
a. Part B
4. Budget Update 17-18 SY
Block Island Land Trust
Thursday, March 9, 2017, 4:00 p.m.
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island, RI
4:00 PM – Open Session:
1. Public Input
2. First-time Homebuyer Exemption Questions
3. Little League Field and Dog Park: potential properties for recreational use
5. Conservancy Day: Date and Sharing Expenses
6. Treasurer’s Report: January 2017
7. Secretary’s Report
8. Approval of Minutes: Open & Closed February 16, 2017
9. 4:30 PM– Closed Session: Acquisitions, Litigation*
10. Motion(s) as a result of closed session discussion
Next Meeting: Thursday, April 13, 2017
*This item will be held in Closed Session pursuant to RIGL 42-46-5(5) (acquisitions: confidential at this time), and RIGL 42-46-5(2) (litigation: updates for Champlin’s Marina Expansion–RI Supreme Court Case #2009-113,114,115-M.P., Renz, and TNS Zoning Board/Stockman-Washington County Superior Court Case #WC2016-250).
Those requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200
48 hours prior to meeting date. TTY: 711.
Posted: March 1, 2017