Public Notice October 15, 2016
The New Shoreham School Committee, at its meeting held on Monday, September 19, 2016, approved the posting of the following policies for the required 20-day period prior to adoption:
Policy DEB: Surveillance and Security Cameras
Policy IF: Senior Privileges
Copies are available for community perusal during normal business hours at the Island Free Library, the Block Island School, and on the school's website (blockislandschool.net).
Not too late to apply for Mail Ballot
Absentee Ballot Applications: October 18 is the deadline to apply for a mail ballot for the November 8, 2016 General Election. Mail ballot applications are available at Town Hall or on the RI Secretary of State’s website: http://www.sos.ri.gov. The application must be turned in to the Town Clerk’s Office by 4:00 pm Tuesday, October 18. Call the Town Clerk’s Office at 466-3200 if you have questions!
Posted September 25, 2016
New Shoreham Board of Canvassers Meetings
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
Tuesday, October 18, 2016
1. Conduct the final canvass and correct the list of qualified voters for November 7, 2016 General Election
2. Final Planning Session for General Election
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711.
Posted: October 3, 2016/FF
Historic District Commission Meeting
Monday, October 17, 2016
Town Hall, Old Town Road
A. Call to Order
After presentations by the Applicant, members of the Public will be allowed 2 opportunities to speak on Agenda items. The Chair will ask if anyone from the Public has questions of the Applicant in an attempt to understand the project. After questions are closed, the Chair will ask if anyone from the Public has comments. Members of the Public will have up to 3 minutes per person to comment. Comments should be limited to the exterior design of the building and site. Comments will not be allowed as to the interior design or use of the project, etc. Thank you for participating.
B. Matters from the Public not on the Agenda
C. Approval of August 15, 2016 Minutes and August 31, 2016 Special Meeting Minutes
1. Lew Gaffett. Plat 6, Lot 3-3. Application for new construction of a Mixed Use Building.
2. John Spier. Plat 6, Lot 9. Application for new construction of a Single Family Dwelling.
3. Calvez, LLC. Plat 6 Lot 119. Application to construct a new residential structure and demolish existing barn structure.
4. Ann Law. Plat 6 Lot 136. Application for addition to existing Inn structure and repairs to existing structure as necessary.
5. Matthew O’Hayer. Plat 5 Lot 113. Application for addition/extension to north facing deck.
*Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY:711 posted: ksc 10/11/2016