Public Notices - August 13, 2011
Historic District Commission Meeting
Monday, Augu5.255st 15, 2011
Town Hall Meeting Room, Old Town Road.
A. Call to Order
B. Matters from the Public not on the Agenda
C. Approval of Minutes of June 20, 2011, June 28, 2011 and July 18, 2011
E. Final Review – Certificate of Appropriateness:
1. Coastal Resorts International. Plat 6, Lot 117-2. Application by Christopher Sereno of National Hotel to construct a fire pit and a patio area.
2. Ballards Inn Realty, LLC. Plat 7, Lot 023. Application by Sharon Cattera of Ballards Inn Realty, LLC to add brick/stone façade to the lower level of the porch.
F. Tabled Items / Old Business
1. Update on issues regarding enforcement of violations.
2. Update on the Amendment to Chapter 7
G. New Business
1. Discussion of the Historic District Commission Procedures and Standards Guidebook, Section II. Application Procedures, Minor Changes to the Exterior
2. Discussion of the Rules and Regulations of the Historic District Commission
3. Discussion of the Application for Nomination for the Historic District
H. Secretary’s Report
1. Election of Secretary.
*Individuals requesting interpreter services for the Hearing Impaired must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 Posted: 08/10/2011 tlc
NEW SHOREHAM SCHOOL COMMITTEE MEETING
Block Island School
August 15, 2011
Call to Order Roll Call
Approval of Minutes
A. School Committee
1. Standing of Accounts as of June 30, 2011 (unaudited)
2. Financial Statements Year Ended June 30, 2011
A. School Committee Policies – Review and Approve
1. Policy FBF-1: High School Proficiency Based Graduation
2. Policy GG-1: Police, School, and Students
3. Policy GR: Student Search and Seizure
A. Solar Repair RFP – Review and Award
B. School Committee Policy Revisions
1. Policy HIA: Student Activities Advisors
2. Policy IK-1: Discipline Policy
3. Policy IK: Student Behavior Code
4. Policy DAA: Fiscal Management
5. Policy GG: School Anti-Violence and Weapons
6. Policy GI: Revised Field Trip Transportation
7. Policy GO: Self-Administration of Prescription Medication
8. Policy HB: Reimbursement for Conference
C. School Committee Policy Deletions
1. Policy GM: Hazing
2. Policy GM-1: Bullying
Calendar of Events
PLEASE NOTE: The New Shoreham School Committee will no longer publish its agendas in the Block Island Times. Agendas will be available on the Block Island School web site (www.blockislandschool.net) and on the RI Secretary of State web site.
Some portions of this meeting may go into Executive Session in accordance with 42-46-4 and 5 of the Rhode Island General Laws, as amended.
Block Island School is a handicapped accessible facility. Those individuals requiring interpretive or hearing impaired services should contact the Block Island School via Relay Rhode Island at 1-800-745-5555 (TTY) at least 72 hours before the meeting date.
Posted: August 10, 2011
Block Island Land Trust
Monday, August 15, 2011, 2:45 p.m.
Old Town Road, Block Island, RI
2:45 PM – Open Session:
1. Public Input
a. Heinz Field Management Plan
b. Fresh Pond Management Questions
c. Ball-O’Brien Fence Request
d. Beach Avenue
e. Tree Donation Program
f. Bio Control Trial
3. Public Priorities Poll
4. Treasurer’s Report
5. Secretary’s Report
6. Approval of Minutes: July 11, 2011 (open and closed)
7. 3:30 PM (approximate time) – Closed Session: Litigation & Acquisitions*
8. Motion(s) as a result of closed session discussion
Next Meeting: Monday, September 12, 2011
This item will be held in Closed Session pursuant to RI GL 42-46-5(2) (litigation: updates for Champlin’s Marina Expansion –RI Supreme Court Case #2009-113,114,115-M.P. and Champlin’s Partnership Inquiry), RIGL 42-46-5(5) (acquisitions: confidential at this time).
Those requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200
48 hours prior to meeting date. TTY: 711.
Posted: August 10, 2011
New Shoreham Town Council Public Hearing
“Flexible Design Development”
Proposal to Amend New Shoreham Ordinance
Section 202 Definitions and Section 402 Major Residential Development
The New Shoreham Town Council has continued the public hearing on the above reference matter to 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, August 17, 2011. The text of the amendments is available at Town Hall and appeared in the Block Island Times June 18, June 25 and July 2, 2011. Before acting on the proposal and/or amendments to it, the Town Council will hear all persons for or against. The proposed ordinance may be altered or amended prior to the close of the public hearing without further advertising, as a result of further study or because of the views expressed at the public hearing. Any alteration or amendment must be presented for comment in the course of the hearing. Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711. Fiona Fitzpatrick, Town Clerk
of hearings on an applications for Variances, Special Use Permits an Appeals under the Zoning Ordinance.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session at the Town Hall, Old Town Road on Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 5:30 PM for a regular meeting.
All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following applications under the Zoning Ordinances:
1. T and C Holdings, LLC. Plat 6, Lot 158. Appeal of a Notice of Violation by the Building Official dated June 28, 2011.
2. Helterline, Jill. Plat 2, Lot 2-4. Application for a Special Use Permit under 306(E), 403 and 405 to create a secondary dwelling unit pursuant to Section 403 with one of the two units created as an affordable housing unit.
3. Linda, Joshua and Paige. Plat 10, Lot 53-1. Application for a Variance from Section 307(C) for construction of a deck.