Public Notices, August 16, 2014
Not a legal posting: agenda may be amended after press time
New Shoreham Town Council Agenda
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
- Public Hearing re: Proposed New Shoreham Zoning Ordinance amendments relating to Notice Requirements
- Receive and act on TNS Police Department Monthly Report: July 2014
- Discuss and act on enforcement options re: Ocean State Bikes, Inc. exceeding 200 bike limit on Bicycle Rental License
- Act on recommendation of Town Manager re: bidding for Transfer Station contract
- Discuss and act on Town Solicitor memos and guidance re:
• Waterfowl Hunting on Plat 1, lot 16
• Inoperable/Unregistered/Junk Vehicles
• BI Substance Abuse Prevention Task Force proposed bylaws change
- Receive Town Solicitor reports re:
• Town of New Shoreham vrs. Blue Dory (Ann Law)
• Town of New Shoreham vrs. Peter Saxon et al
• Town of New Shoreham vrs. Emsbo
• Waste Haulers vrs. Town of New Shoreham
- Receive and act on Town Manager letter re: contract renewal
- Correspondence: Camille Petrone re: experience with Rustic Rides; Town Manager re: deer
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf or hard of hearing must call(401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours prior to the meeting date. TTY: 711. Posted: August 15, 2014/
Historic District Commission Meeting
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Town Hall, Old Town Road
A. Call to Order
B. Matters from the Public not on the Agenda
C. Approval of Minutes of July 22, 2014.
D. Sign Application:
1. Ballards Wharf Realty LLC. Plat 6, Lot 159. Application by John Leone of Old Harbor Bike Shop for approval of existing signs.
2. Settlers Rock Realty LLC. Plat 6, Lot 155. Application by Julian Costanzo of Inn at Old Harbor for approval of existing signs.
3. Coastal Resorts Holding. Plat 6, Lot 117-02. Application by Julie Fuller of the National Hotel for new signs.
E. Final Review
1. Craig & Michele Fontaine. Plat 6, Lot 37-1. Application by W. Douglas Gilpin to install an outdoor shower and conceal a propane tank.
F. Old Business
1. Discuss/Act on revision of the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Ordinance Article 5 – Section 504 – Signs (B).
2. Update on Notice of Violations issued for illegal/unapproved signage, and banners.
3. Discuss/Act on trash compactors.
G. New Business
1. Follow-up on plantings for arbor screening at Esta’s Park.
*Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711
Posted: 8/13/2014 tlc
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
The Town of New Shoreham invites proposals from architects for the: redesign and rebuild of the current Doctor’s residence (approximately 2160 sq. ft, circa: 1856) and construction of an additional structure incorporating 2 two -bedroom apartments. A complete description of the project, time-line, and scope of services is available from the Office of the Town Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or on the website: www.new-shoreham.com. Proposals are due on or before 2:00 P.M. on September 5, 2014 at the office of the Town Manager, #16 Old Town Road, Block Island, RI and will be opened and read in public.
All Proposals must be submitted and clearly marked: REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS-Architectural Services Doctor’s Residence
Proposals must be enclosed in an opaque envelope addressed to:
P.O. Drawer 220
Block Island, RI 02807
No Proposal may be withdrawn within ninety (90) days after the scheduled closing time for receipt of proposals. The Town of New Shoreham reserves the right to reject any/all Proposals, waive any informalities in the Bids received, and to accept the Bid deemed most favorable to the interest of the Town of New Shoreham.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must notify the Town Clerk (401-466-3200) three (3) business days prior to the Bid opening.
Reposted: August 13, 2014
Date: August 6, 2014
Nancy O. Dodge
New Shoreham, RI
The New Shoreham School Committee, at its meeting held on Monday, July 28, 2014, approved the posting of the following policy for the required 20-day period prior to adoption:
Policy EBC: Negative Balance Procedures for the School Lunch Program
Copies are available for community perusal during normal business hours at the Island Free Library, the Block Island School, and on the school’s web site (blockislandschool.net).
SALE OF SURPLUS PROPERTY
The Town of New Shoreham is seeking separate sealed BIDS to be delivered to the Town Manager for the sale of surplus property from the Town:
A Gold 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 100,000 miles (does not run and being sold as is).
Sealed BIDS must be submitted in writing and clearly addressed to Nancy O. Dodge, Town Manager, P.O. Box 220, BI, RI 02807 until 2:00 p.m. on August 18, 2014 and will be opened and read aloud.
The Town reserves the right to reject any/all Bids and waive any informalities in the Bids received.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must notify the Town Clerk (401) 466-3200 forty-eight (48) business days prior to the Bid opening.
Notice of Public Hearing
New Shoreham Zoning Ordinance
Proposed Amendments relating to Notice Requirements
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island RI
August 20, 2014
The New Shoreham Town Council will consider changes to the Zoning Ordinance at a public hearing 7:00 p.m. Monday, March 3, 2014 at Town Hall, Old Town Road, New Shoreham to add a new section to 702 (B) (2) “Permits, Procedures, Enforcements: General Procedures, Notice Requirements.” The proposed amendment follows with language to be deleted crossed out, and language to be added underlined. Before acting on the proposal and/or amendments to it, the Town Council will hear all persons for or against. The proposed ordinance may be altered or amended prior to the close of the public hearing without further advertising, as a result of further study or because of the views expressed at the public hearing. Any alteration or amendment must be presented for comment in the course of the hearing.
B. Notice Requirements: All notices of a public hearing shall contain the name of the owner of the subject property, the Assessor’s Plat and Lot number(s) of the subject property, the address and/or a description of the location of the subject property, and a description of the application upon which the Board is being asked to act. All costs of notification shall be borne by the applicant. Notification of a public hearing for a Variance or for a Special-Use Permit shall be as follows:
1. The Zoning Board of Review (or the Planning Board in the case of a Development Plan Review application submitted pursuant Section 703, Subsection D 2) shall give public notice of the hearing, at least fourteen (14) days prior to the date of the hearing, in a newspaper of general circulation in the Town.
2. Notice of the public hearing shall be sent to the The applicant, shall send notice of the public hearing to all property owners within two hundred (200) feet of all boundaries of the subject property and the owner of the subject property and the applicant. The Such notice shall be sent by first class certified mail, with a certificate of mailing from the United States Postal Service return receipt requested, not less than fourteen (14) fifteen (15) days before the such public hearing. The notices shall be mailed by the applicant. Proof of mailing shall be established by the applicant’s filing, prior to the commencement of the public hearing, an affidavit of the mailing of the such notice stating the date the notices were mailed and who mailed them. The affidavit shall have attached to it the certificates of mailing from the United States Postal Service. Including an affidavit that bothe the owner of the subject property and the applicant have also received a copy os such notice, and the receipts of mailing and return receipts.
3. The applicant shall send notice of the public hearing, by first class mail, to the Associate Director of the RI Department of Administration, Division of Planning.Posted: July 22, 2014
Hearing: August 20, 2014