Public Notices August 5, 2017
ZONING MODIFICATION REQUEST
Devine Intervention, LLC. Assessors Plat 16, Lot 47. Application for a Zoning Modification to construct a new twenty (20) foot by twenty eight (28’) foot, two (2) story accessory structure to be used as a garage on the first level and a studio/ work place on the second level. The building will be located thirty seven feet four inches (37’4”) from the front setback of Lot 47. A fifty foot (50’) front yard setback is required in the RA Zoning District. If no written objections are received from directly abutting property owners by 14 August 2017 the Zoning Modification will be granted.
Marc A. Tillson
Town of New Shoreham
Beverage (Liquor) License – Expansion of Liquor Service Area
Notice is hereby given, pursuant to Chapter 2013 of the Public Laws of Rhode Island, approved in April 1956 as amended, that the following applications for Beverage Licenses have been made to the New Shoreham Town Clerk as follows:
Expansion of Liquor Service Area: Class BV License
• Island Entertainment, Inc. Stockholder: Frank DiBiase, Jr., d/b/a Spring House Hotel – Barn at the Spring House, Spring Street, Plat 8, Lot 84-6
Before acting on the foregoing application, the Board of License Commissioners will hold a Public Hearing on Monday, August 7, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at Town Hall, Old Town Road, at which time remonstrants are entitled to be heard before the granting of said licenses.
Attest: Millicent A McGinnes, CMC
Deputy Town Clerk
New Shoreham Board of License Commissioners
Historic District Commission Meeting
Monday, August 7, 2017
Town Hall, Old Town Road
A. Call to Order
After presentations by the Applicant, members of the Public will be allowed 2 opportunities to speak on Agenda items. The Chair will ask if anyone from the Public has questions of the Applicant in an attempt to understand the project. After questions are closed, the Chair will ask if anyone from the Public has comments. Members of the Public will have up to 3 minutes per person to comment. Comments should be limited to the exterior design of the building and site. Comments will not be allowed as to the interior design or use of the project, etc. Thank you for participating.
B. Matters from the Public not on the Agenda
1. Gaffett, Lewis H. Plat 6 Lot 3-3. Application to construct new 2 story building. Request by the Planning Board to review updated plans which include a new retaining wall.
*Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 posted KSC 08/02/2017
Block Island Land Trust
Thursday, August 10, 2017, 4:00 p.m.
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island, RI
4:00 PM – Open Session:
Ball-O’Brien: Fence Request
Solviken: Wedding Event Request
Treasurer’s Report: July 2017
Approval of Minutes: Open & Closed July 13, 2017
4:30 PM– Closed Session: Acquisitions, Litigation*
Motion(s) as a result of closed session discussion
Next Meeting: Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 4:00 pm
*This item will be held in Closed Session pursuant to RIGL 42-46-5(5) (acquisitions: confidential at this time), and RIGL 42-46-5(2) (litigation: updates for Renz, and TNS Zoning Board/Stockman-Washington County Superior Court Case #WC2016-250).
Those requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200
48 hours prior to meeting date. TTY: 711.
Posted: August 2, 2017
The Planning Board Meeting
Wednesday, August 9, 2017
7:00 P.M. @ Town Hall, Old Town Road
Block Island, RI 02807
The Town of New Shoreham Planning Board will be in session for a meeting on Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island, RI.
• Gaffett, Lewis. Plat 6, Lot 3-3. Public Hearing for an Application for Development Plan Review for the construction of a Commercial Use Structure. (continued from 7/26/17)
• Island Marine Corp. Plat 5 Lot 66. Advisory to the Zoning Board on an Application for a Special Use Permit under Section 312, Section 401, and Section 408 and a Variance from Section 408(2), and Section 502 (A)(6) for addition of second floor to an existing cottage for employee housing. Act on a waiver request for Development Plan.
• Correspondence from David Simmons dated July 31, 2017 regarding Salt Pond Settlement.
• Block Island School/Town of New Shoreham. Plat 10 Lot 1. Application for Development Plan Review for the installation of solar panels on the roof of the Block Island School. The Property is located in the Public Education Zone. Review and act on waiver requests and set the public hearing.
• Discussion of Future Use of the Coast Guard Station
• Zoning Ordinance Review - Identification of potential future zoning amendments including those necessary to bring ordinance into consistency with state law and local comprehensive plan.
• Status of Plastic Bag Ordinance
• Approval of Minutes
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY:711 Posted 8/1/17 jb
of hearings on an applications and appeals
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session at the Town Hall, Old Town Road on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 6:00 PM for a regular meeting.
All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following Applications/appeals under the Zoning Ordinances:
• Gaffett, Lewis. Plat 6, Lot 3-3. Appeal of a memorandum from the Building Official to the Planning Board dated July 11, 2017 and July 26, 2017.
• Island Marine Corp. Plat 5 Lot 66. Application for a Special Use Permit under Section 312, Section 401, and Section 408 and a Variance from Section 408 (2), and Section 502 (A)(6) for addition of second floor to an existing cottage for employee housing.
• The Dorothy S. McCluskey Personal Residence Trust. Plat 19, Lot15. Application for a Special Use Permit under Sections 306(E) and 406 for construction of a connector structure between the existing single family dwelling and the existing accessory dwelling.