Public Notices - January 26, 2013
Historic District Commission Meeting
Monday, January 28, 2013
Town Hall Meeting Room, Old Town Road.
A. Call to Order
B. Matters from the Public not on the Agenda
C. Approval of Minutes
D. Final Review:
1. Traz Capital Partners II LLC. Plat 6, Lot 99. Application by BI Housewright, Inc. to construct dormer, replace trim to match existing conditions.
2. Block Island Land Trust. Plat 7, Lot 1-1. Application by Barbara A. MacMullen to construct retaining wall in connection with public access way to the shore.
3. Gary A. & Grace E. Doyon. Plat 5, Lot 4. Application by Heinz Construction for relocation of previously approved foundation.
4. Island Enterprises, Inc. Plat 8, Lot 84-6. Application by Glen S. Fontecchio for modifications to previously approved plans.
1. Receipt of correspondence from Virginia Hesse to the Town Manager regarding changes to the barn at the Spring House Hotel dated December 31, 2012.
2. Receipt of a Stop Work Order from Marc A. Tillson, Building Official to DiBiase Associates regarding Plat 8, Lot 84-6 Spring House Hotel dated January 7, 2013.
3. Receipt of a letter from Edward F. Sanderson, Executive Director, State Historic Preservation Officer to Frank DiBiase regarding Spring House Hotel Barn Renovation dated January 15, 2013.
4. Receipt of a release of Stop Work Order from Marc A. Tillson, Building Official to DiBiase Associates regarding Plat 8, Lot 84-6 Spring House Hotel dated January 17, 2013.
F. New Business
1. Update on the Solviken Property
F. Election of Officers
*Individuals requesting interpreter services for the Hearing Impaired must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 Posted1/23/2013 tlc
NEW SHOREHAM SCHOOL DEPARTMENT
BLOCK ISLAND SCHOOL
The New Shoreham School Department hereby requests sealed bid proposals for the following services and supplies for the 2013-2014 school year (may consider proposals for up to three years), unless otherwise noted:
School Bus Transportation
Information is available on the above bids by calling the Block Island School, 466-7732, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Sealed bid proposals, in an envelope clearly marked “2013-2014 School Bid”, will be received on behalf of the New Shoreham School Committee by Marsha Gutierrez, Administrative Assistant, Block Island School, High Street, P.O. Box 1890, Block Island, Rhode Island 02807 until 12:00 p.m. on Monday, January 28, 2013, at which time they will be publicly opened and read aloud. Sealed bid proposals will be received by U.S. mail, Federal Express, UPS, or similar third party carrier, or by hand-delivery, but not by electronic means.
All accepted contracts will run from July 1, 2013, through June 30, 2014. The New Shoreham School Committee (NSSC) reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids deemed to be not in the best interest of the New Shoreham School Department (NSSD). The NSSC reserves the right to reject any bid not submitted in accordance with the provisions set forth herein and may waive any informalities and all bids. Conditional bids will not be accepted. Further, the NSSC does not obligate itself to accept the lowest or any other bids.
The New Shoreham School Committee, at its meeting held on Monday, December 17, 2012, approved the posting of the following policy for the required 30-day period prior to adoption:
Policy BAK: Policy Adoption and Amendment
Copies are available for community perusal during normal business hours at the Island Free Library, the Block Island School, and on the school's web site (blockislandschool.net).
ZONING MODIFICATION REQUEST
Jason & Mary Elizabeth Page. Plat 15, Lot 39-4. Zoning Modification request is to construct a new Single Family Dwelling thirty seven feet 6 inches (37’ 6”) from the northern property line of Plat 15, Lot 39-4. A fifty foot (50’) setback from all property lines in the Residential A (RA) Zoning District is required. If no written objections are received from directly abutting property owners by 4 February 2013 the Modification will be granted.
Marc A. Tillson
Town of New Shoreham