Public Notices - January 27, 2018
The Town of New Shoreham hereby requests sealed bid proposals for the following services:
BED & BREAKFAST ACCOMMODATIONS
BOILER/BURNER CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
BRUSHCUTTING & CHIPPING
CLEANING OF TOWN OFFICES/LIBRARY
CLEANING OF SEASONAL FACILITIES
MOWING & TRIMMING -ISLAND CEMETERY
MOWING & TRIMMING - TOWN PROPERTIES
Information is available on the above at the Town Hall or www.new-shoreham.com. Submit proposals in an envelope clearly marked with one of the above “services” and the bidder’s name should also appear on the outside of the envelope. Bids will be received in the Town Manager’s Office, #16 Old Town Road, Block Island, RI until 10:00 a.m. local time on Friday, February 9, 2018 and then shall be opened and read aloud.
If forwarded by mail, the sealed envelope containing the Bid must be enclosed in another outer envelope addressed to: Edward L. Roberge, Town Manager, PO Box 220, Block Island, RI 02807.
The undersigned Bidder hereby agrees that the BID PROPOSAL submitted shall remain in effect and binding upon the Bidder for a period of 90 calendar days, from the date and time Bids are received.
The Town Manager reserves the right to reject any and all bids or any part thereof and to waive any informalities.
Posted: January 24, 2018
NEW SHOREHAM SCHOOL DEPARTMENT
BLOCK ISLAND SCHOOL
The New Shoreham School Department hereby requests sealed bid proposals for the following services for the 2018-2019 school year (may consider proposals for up to three years).
School Bus Services
Information is available on the above bids by calling the Block Island School, 401-466-7732, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Sealed bid proposals, in an envelope clearly marked “2018-2019 School Bid”, will be received on behalf of the New Shoreham School Committee by Marsha Gutierrez, Administrative Assistant, Block Island School, High Street, P.O. Box 1890, Block Island, Rhode Island 02807 until 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 7, 2018, at which time they will be publicly opened and read aloud. Sealed bid proposals will be received by U.S. mail, Federal Express, UPS, or similar third party carrier, or by hand-delivery, but not by electronic means.
All accepted contracts will run from July 1, 2018, through June 30, 2019. The New Shoreham School Committee (NSSC) reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids deemed to be not in the best interest of the New Shoreham School Department (NSSD). The NSSC reserves the right to reject any bid not submitted in accordance with the provisions set forth herein and may waive any informalities and all bids. Conditional bids will not be accepted. Further, the NSSC does not obligate itself to accept the lowest or any other bids.
Notice of Town Council Public Hearing
Block Island Town Hall, Old Town Road
Monday, February 5, 2018
Proposed Amendment to New Shoreham Zoning Ordinance
Article 4 Criteria for Special Use Permits, Section 407 Hotels
Adding a new Section B “Standards for Restaurants
in the Residential C/Mixed Use Zone (RC/M)”
On Monday February 5, 2018 the New Shoreham Town Council will hold a public hearing to consider amending the New Shoreham Zoning Ordinance Article 4 (Criteria for Special Use Permits), Section 407 Hotels by adding a new Section B: “Standards for Restaurants in the Residential C/Mixed Use Zone (RC/M)” The proposed ordinance may be altered or amended prior to the close of the public hearing without further advertising, as a result of further study or because of the views expressed at the public hearing. Any alteration or amendment must be presented for comment in the course of the hearing. The proposed new text follows in its entirety:
B. Standards for Restaurants in the Residential C/Mixed use Zone (RC/M):
Restaurants are allowed in the Residential C/Mixed Use Zone only as an accessory use to a hotel. In addition to any conditions imposed by the Planning Board in connection with the review of plans under Development Plan Review, the following standards shall apply to all restaurants proposed within this zoning district:
- 1.Accessory to a Hotel: Restaurants in the RC/M Zone shall be allowed as accessory uses, as defined in this Ordinance (Article 2, Section 202(7)),
- 2.Conforming Lot: the hotel where restaurants are proposed as accessory uses shall be on a parcel meeting the dimensional requirements of Section 407 – Hotels
- 3.Outside Seating: Outside seating may be allowed as part of a restaurant accessory to a hotel. Any outside seating arrangement shall be included in the site plans approved by the Planning Board. Outside seating shall be designed so as to mitigate visual, noise and lighting impacts on adjoining properties through proper screening and placement.
- 4.Hours of Operation: All restaurants located on the hotel property shall be limited to operating between the hours of 6:00 AM and 10:00 PM
- 5.Parking: In addition to the required parking for the hotel, there shall be one (1) parking space provided per fifteen (15) restaurant seats
- 6.Development Plan Review: the development plans for a restaurant proposed as an accessory use to a hotel shall show, in addition to all other Development Plan Review requirements of this Ordinance, the following:
- a.Building floor plans indicating total seating capacity for the restaurant and service area
- b.Proposed site plan indicating on-site parking, and if proposed, the locations (porches, decks and patios) and dimensions of outdoor dining areas, including number of tables and total seating capacity, use of walls and vegetative screening, outdoor lighting details and other site amenities.
Notice Posted: January 10, 2018
Public Hearing: February 5, 2018