Public Notices - July 19, 2014
THE ZONING BOARD OF REVIEW
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
6:00 P.M. @ Town Hall, Old Town Road
The Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session for a regular meeting on Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at 6:00 P.M. at the Town Hall, Old Town Road.
THE AGENDA IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY THE CHAIRMAN OR UPON MOTION OF ANY MEMBER
1. Fox, Timothy and Anthony. Plat 16, Lot 87. Application for a Variance from 306(C) for construction of a porch.
Approval of Minutes
THE ZONING BOARD’S POLICY IS TO ADJOURN AT 8:30 P.M.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY:711 JBB 7/16/14
Historic District Commission Meeting
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Town Hall, Old Town Road
A. Call to Order
B. Matters from the Public not on the Agenda
C. Approval of Minutes of May 19, 2014, May 23, 2014 and June 17, 2014
D. Final Review:
1. BI Resorts Inc. Plat 7, Lot 7. Application by Steven Draper to modify (revisit) east elevation on stair and railing design.
2. Block Island Land Trust. Plat 7, Lot 1-1. Application by Barbara MacMullan to install a 20’ long split rail fence.
E. Sign Application:
1. Block Island Land Trust. Plat 7, Lot 1-1. Application by Barbara MacMullan for a new sign.
2. BI Maritime Institute. Plat 5, Lot 64-1. Application by Susie Weissman for a new sign.
3. Andiamo, LLC. Plat 6, Lot 88. Application by Caren Ford of Blockheads for an A-Frame sign.
F. Discussion/Act on New Elements:
1. Trash Compactors.
2. Restaurant Raw Bar Structures.
3. Future mobile farm stands.
G. Old Business
Update on Notice of Violations issued for illegal/unapproved signage and banners.
H. New Business
1. Discuss revision of the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Ordinance Article 5 – Section 504 – Signs (B) General (3) Prohibited Signs.
2. Discuss the amendment to Town of New Shoreham Zoning Ordinance, Section, 504, Signs re: definition of allowable flags.
3. Update from William Penn on the OHTF meeting re: signage and banners.
*Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711
Posted: 7/16/2014 tlc
INVITATION TO BID
Separate sealed Bids will be received by the Town of New Shoreham, Block Island, RI for the Design/Build Services for the New Restroom Facility at Ball O’Brien Park on or before 1:00 P.M. on AUGUST 18, 2014 at the office of the Town Manager, Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island, Rhode Island and will be opened and read in public.
Specifications for the Design/Build Services for the New Restroom Facility at Ball O’Brien Park may be obtained at the office of the Town Manager, Town Hall, Old Town Road, New Shoreham, RI between the hours of 8:30 A.M. and 4:00 P.M., Monday through Friday, after JULY 21, 2014 at the office of James J. Geremia & Associates, Inc., 272 West Exchange St., Suite 201, Providence, RI 02903.
All Bids must be submitted and clearly marked:
(Sealed Bid): DESIGN/BUILD SERVICES FOR THE NEW RESTROOM FACILITY AT BALL O’BRIEN PARK
Bids must be enclosed in an opaque envelope addressed to:
P.O. Drawer 220
Block Island, Rhode Island 02807
No Bidder may withdraw his Bid within ninety (90) days after the scheduled closing time for receipt of Bid.
The Town of New Shoreham reserves the right to reject any/all Bids, waive any informalities in the Bids received, and to accept the Bid deemed most favorable to the interest of the Town.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must notify the Town Clerk (401-466-3200) three (3) business days prior to the Bid opening.
Minority business enterprises as defined by R.I. General Laws Section 37-14.1-3 shall have the maximum opportunity to participate in the performance of Subcontracts performed under this agreement. The Contractor will take all reasonable steps in accordance with the regulations promulgated under Chapter 37-14.1 of the Rhode Island General Laws to ensure that minority business enterprises have the maximum opportunity to compete for and perform subcontracts under this agreement.
Date: July 18, 2014
Nancy O. Dodge
New Shoreham, RI