Public Notices - July 9, 2011
of hearings on an applications for Variances, Special Use Permits an Appeals under the Zoning Ordinance.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session at the Town Hall, Old Town Road on Wednesday July 27, 2011 at 5:30 PM for a regular meeting.
All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following applications under the Zoning Ordinances:
1. Papa, Steve. Leone, Aldo. Plat 6, Lot 89. Appeal of a Historic District Commission denial of shade system for outdoor dining area. Historic District Commission decision dated January 26, 2011.
2. Southeast Light Foundation. Plat 8, Lot 1. Appeal by Michael Delia of a letter from the Building Official dated January 28, 2010 and May 4, 2011 Constructive Notice.
3. Capuciati, Peter and Karen. Plat 9, Lot 51. Application for a Variance from Section 306(C) to install solar power to the single family dwelling.
The Planning Board Meeting
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
7:00 P.M. @ Town Hall, Old Town Road
Block Island, RI 02807
The Town of New Shoreham Planning Board will be in session for a meeting on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall, Old Town Road.
1. Approval of Minutes
2. Helterline, Jill. Plat 2, Lot 2-4. Advisory to the Zoning Board of Review for an Application for a Special Use Permit under 306(E), 403 and 405 to create a secondary dwelling unit pursuant to Section 403 with one of the two units created as an affordable housing unit.
3. Payne, Carole. Plat 5, Lot 104. Advisory to the Town Manager/Town Council for the proposed construction of a five finger pier and provide municipal sewer and water to an existing marina.
4. Discussion on proposed amendments to Section 402 of the Zoning Ordinance; ownership of common open space.
5. Review previously approved projects such as Plat 6, Lot 90 Old Harbor Meadows.
6. Update on Climate Change Workshop
7. Continued discussion, Planning projects for 2011
THE PLANNING BOARD'S POLICY IS TO ADJOURN AT 10:30 P.M.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY:711
Block Island Land Trust
Monday, July 11, 2011, 2:45 p.m.
Old Town Road, Block Island, RI
2:45 PM – Open Session:
1. Review of Open Meetings Information Session
2. Public Input
3. Thorne/Gross Decision
4. Riker Loan Subordination Agreement
a. Heinz Field Management Plan
b. Beach Avenue
c. Tree Donation Program
d. Bio Control Trial
6. Public Priorities Poll
7. Treasurer’s Report
8. Secretary’s Report
a. Support letter for funding for North American Wetland Conservation Act
9. Approval of Minutes: June 6, 2011 (open and closed)
10. Other Business
11. 3:30 PM (approximate time) – Closed Session: Litigation & Acquisitions*
12. Motion(s) as a result of closed session discussion
Next Meeting: Monday, August 15, 2011
This item will be held in Closed Session pursuant to RI
GL 42-46-5(2) (litigation: updates for Champlin’s Marina Expansion –RI Supreme Court Case #2009-113,114,115-M.P. and Champlin’s Partnership Inquiry), RIGL 42-46-5(5) (acquisitions: confidential at this time).
Those requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200
48 hours prior to meeting date. TTY: 711.
Posted: July 6, 2011
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
Separate sealed Bids will be received by the Town of New Shoreham for: Installation of a new roof at the CHIEF’S HOUSE at the COAST GUARD STATION (excluding the small shed roof over the oil tank) until 2:00 pm, Monday, August 1, 2011 at the Office of the Town Manager and then publicly opened and read aloud.
Specifications may be obtained by contacting the Town Manager’s Office at P.O. Box 220, Block Island, RI 02807, (401) 466-3213 or email@example.com or the Town’s website @ www.new-shoreham.com. Each sealed envelope containing a PROPOSAL must be plainly marked on the outside as CHIEF’S HOUSE at the COAST GUARD STATION (excluding the small shed roof over the oil tank) and the envelope should bear on the outside the BIDDER’S name and address. BIDS are to be addressed to the Town Manager.
No Bidder may withdraw his BID within ninety (90) days after the scheduled closing time for receipt of BID.
The Town of New Shoreham reserves the right to reject any/all BIDS, waive any informalities in the BIDS received and to accept the BID deemed most favorable to the interest of the Town of New Shoreham.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must notify the Town Clerk (401) 466-3200 three (3) business days prior to the BID opening
Nancy O. Dodge
Posted: July 6, 2011
The New Shoreham School Committee, at its meeting held on Monday, June 13, 2011, approved the posting of the following policies for the required 30-day period prior to adoption:
FBF-1: High School Proficiency Based Graduation
HJ: Professional Staff Hiring and Placement
GG-1: Police, School, and Students
GR: Student Search and Seizure
Copies are available for community perusal during normal business hours at the Island Free Library, the Block Island School, and on the school’s web site (blockislandschool.net).