Public Notices - March 22, 2014
THE ZONING BOARD OF REVIEW
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
5:00 P.M. @ Town Hall, Old Town Road
The Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session for a regular meeting on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at 5:00 P.M. at the Town Hall, Old Town Road.
THE AGENDA IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY THE CHAIRMAN OR UPON MOTION OF ANY MEMBER
1. Law, Ann. Plat 6, Lot 136. Application for a Special Use Permit under Sections 311 (E) and 408 for an addition to an existing Inn.
1. Saxon, Peter and Kathleen. Plat 2, Lot 12. Appeal of a Notice of Violation dated October 25, 2013.
2. BIEP, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 10. Appeal by Peckham, Inc and Lewis and Nat Gaffett of a Notice of Violation dated November 6, 2013.
3. Island Enterprises Inc. Plat 8, Lot 84-6. Application for a Special Use Permit under Sections 113(B)(4) and 309 (E) to create a twenty-seat restaurant in the barn to be open during the winter months.
4. Draper, Rita. Plat 7, Lot 33. Application by North Light Fibers for a Variance from Section 309(C) for installation of a solar electric system.
1. Santamaria. Jamie and Sharon. Plat 8, Lot 141. Application by W. Douglas Gilpin, Jr. for a Variance from Section 306 (C) for an addition onto a single family dwelling.
2. 1506 Block Island, LLC. Plat 16, Lot 44-1. Application by Charles and Tobee McMellon for a Special Use Permit under Section 306 (E) and Section 406 and for a Variance from Sections 306(C) and 514 (C)(2) for an addition to an existing single family dwelling.
Approval of Minutes
THE ZONING BOARD’S POLICY IS TO ADJOURN AT 8:30 P.M.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY:711 JBB 3/19/14
Voter Registration Deadline for Financial Town Meeting
Financial Town Meeting will be Monday, May 5, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. at the Block Island School, High Street. In order to participate, you must be registered to vote in New Shoreham on or before Saturday, April 5, 2014. You may register at the Town Clerk’s Office, Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island on Monday through Friday 9:00 to 3:00. On Saturday April 5, 2014 you may register at the New Shoreham Police Station, Beach Avenue, Block Island between 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. If you have questions, contact the Town Clerk’s: (401) 466-3200 or email@example.com. Posted: March 19, 2014/FF
New Shoreham Board of Canvassers Meeting
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
1. Conduct the final canvass and correct list of qualified voters for May 5, 2014 Financial Town Meeting
2. Final Planning Session for Financial Town Meeting
3. Planning and schedule for 2014 Statewide Primary and General Election
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711. Posted: March 19, 2014/FF
New Shoreham Town Council
Budget Work Session/Public Hearings 2014
Town Hall, Old Town Road
Members of the public are welcome and encouraged to attend.
• Budget Work Session: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 (School, Community Support and Capital)
• Budget Work Session: Monday, March 24, 2014
• Budget Work Session: Monday, April 2, 2014 (if needed)
• Budget Public Hearing/Adoption of Warrant: Wednesday, April 16, 2014
The schedule is subject to change depending upon progress. Meetings may be added. Please check the Town’s website new-shoreham.com or call the Town Clerk’s Office at 466-3200.
Financial Town Meeting: Monday, May 5, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. at the Block Island School
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711. Posted March 12, 2014/FF
Not a legal posting: agenda be amended after press time
Electric Utilities Task Group
Monday, March 24, 2014
Town Hall, Old Town Road
1. Public Input
2. Approve minutes of February 24, 2014
3. Deepwater Update
4. Net metering Update
5. Analysis of Electricity Options
6. Continued discussion of future electric rate case issues.
Individuals requesting services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 Posted: 3/19/2014 (blr)
Notice of Public Hearing
Proposed Addition to New Shoreham General Ordinances
Chapter 1 General Provisions
Sections 1-15 “General penalty”
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
Monday, April 7, 2014, 2014
The New Shoreham Town Council will hold a Public Hearing on April 7, 2014 to consider amending section Chapter 1 Section 15 of the Town of New Shoreham General Ordinances “General Penalty.” The proposed ordinance amendment appears below. Proposed deletions are stricken (like this) and proposed additions appear underlined (like this). At the public hearing, all persons for or against may be heard and the Town Council may act on this proposal and/or amendments hereto.
Sec. 1-15. - General penalty.
Except where otherwise provided in this Revision, whenever in this Revision or in any ordinance of the town any act is prohibited or is made or declared to be unlawful or an offense, or whenever in this Revision or ordinance the doing of any act is required or the failure to do any act is declared to be unlawful, where no specific penalty is provided therefor, the violation of any such provision of this Revision or any ordinance shall be punished by a fine not exceeding $500.00 and cost of prosecution or by imprisonment not exceeding 30 days, or by both such fine and imprisonment, and/or require restitution in cases involving property damage or personal injury in an amount up to $2,500.00 and/or voluntary community service for a town or city agency for not more than ten days for any one offense, two hundred dollars ($200) or by imprisonment not exceeding three (3) months, unless other penalties therefor, or penalties within other limits, are specially prescribed by statute, to be prosecuted by some officer appointed for that purpose, and to be recovered to the use of the town or of such person and in such proportions, as they in their said ordinances and regulations shall designate. Each day any violation of any provision of this Revision or of any ordinance shall continue shall constitute a separate offense. Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf or hard of hearing must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711.
Posted: March 12, 2014
Hearing: April 7, 2014
Fiona Fitzpatrick, Town Clerk
ZONING MODIFICATION REQUEST
Hill, Henry P. and Carol W. Plat 17, Lot 31. Zoning Modification request to construct a new addition onto a prior-existing Single Family Dwelling. The proposed new addition will be located eighteen feet three inches (18’3”) from the eastern property line of Lot 31. A twenty five (25) foot setback is required from the side of a property in the Residential B (RB) Zoning District. If no written objections are received from directly abutting property owners by March 28, 2014 the Modification will be granted.
Marc A. Tillson
Town of New Shoreham