Public Notices November 18, 2017
BLOCK ISLAND LAND TRUST
INVITATION TO BID
The Block Island Land Trust is soliciting bids for regular maintenance of its properties. This bid is for mowing and hand clearing Land Trust properties for the period from January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018. Bids for regular maintenance will be solicited only once per year.
Bid packets and maps are available upon request from the Block Island Land Trust. Please contact Heidi Tarbox at 860-468-0145 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: BIDS will be received by the Block Island Land Trust until 2:00 pm local time on Thursday, December 14, 2017. All BIDS must be made on the required BID PROPOSAL form. Bids will be opened and read aloud at the December 14, 2017 Land Trust meeting at 4:00 p.m. at the Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island. Bids may be awarded at that time. The Land Trust reserves the right to reject any and all bids.
Insurance: Contractors are required to carry liability insurance: $1,000,000.00 for each occurrence, $2,000,000.00 general aggregate. Proof of this insurance must be supplied to the Land Trust with bid.
Posted: November 15, 2017
STATE OF RHODE ISLAND AND PROVIDENCE PLANTATIONS
PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION
IN RE: BLOCK ISLAND POWER COMPANY: DOCKET NO. 4690
RECONCILIATION OF THE STANDARD OFFER
SERVICE AND TRANSMISSION CHARGE: NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Pursuant to R.I. Gen. Laws § 39-3-11, the Public Utilities Commission (PUC) will conduct a public hearing on Thursday, November 30, 2017 @ 9:30 A.M. in Hearing Room A at the PUC’s office located at 89 Jefferson Boulevard, Warwick, Rhode Island.
At this hearing, the PUC will examine the propriety of a filing by the Block Island Power Company (BIPCo) seeking approval to implement rate changes arising out of the reconciliation of Company’s tariff adjustment provisions for the Standard Offer and Transmission Charges. Specifically, BIPCo seeks to implement the following rate changes: 1) to increase the Standard Offer Factor from $0.0615 per kWh to $0.0709 per kWh and 2) to increase the Transmission Factor from $0.0629 per kWh to $0.0779 per kWh. The combined net impact of the proposed rate changes on a typical residential customer’s bill using 500 kWh per month would result in an increase of $12.21 from $120.08 to $132.29. The PUC may rule on the Company’s filing immediately following the conclusion of the hearing.
The filing is available for examination at the PUC’s office. The docket can also be accessed at www.ripuc.org/eventsactions/docket/4690page.html. Reference is made to Chapters 39-1, 39-3 and 42-35 of the Rhode Island General Laws.
The Public Utilities Commission is accessible to the handicapped. Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must notify the Commission Clerk’s office at 780-2107, seventy-two hours in advance of hearing date.
Luly E. Massaro, Commission Clerk November 17, 2017
Historic District Commission
Monday, November 20, 2017
Town Hall, Old Town Road
A. Call to Order
After presentations by the Applicant, members of the Public will be allowed 2 opportunities to speak on Agenda items. The Chair will ask if anyone from the Public has questions of the Applicant in an attempt to understand the project. After questions are closed, the Chair will ask if anyone from the Public has comments. Members of the Public will have up to 3 minutes per person to comment. Comments should be limited to the exterior design of the building and site. Comments will not be allowed as to the interior design or use of the project etc. Thank you for participating.
B. Matters from the Public not on the Agenda:
C. Approval of October 16, 2017 minutes and October 5, 2017 Special Meeting.
• Scenic Block Island: Endorsement for Historic Preservation Projects for Certified Local Governments Grant Application to develop a Preservation Plaque Program for historical Block Island Properties.
• Allison Ring, Town Planner. Discussion/Endorsement of Rhode Island Historic Preservation and Heritage Commission Grant Project proposal for reuse of the Coast Guard Station.
• Plat 17 Lot 37. Block Island Power Company. Construction of above ground tank farm.
• Plat 5 Lot 12, Helterline and Balser LLC. Proposed 15’ x 37’ addition to the SW corner of the property and shed dormers.
• Plat 6 Lot 6. Chris and Melanie Reeves. Construction of Single Family Dwelling on existing foundation; and two shed dormers.
• Plat 5, Lot 35. Lowell and Jane Rosman. Replacement of existing structure with new barn.
• Plat 8, Lot 84-6. Island Enterprises Inc. Construction of 16’ x 29’ awning over Barn rear deck.
• Plat 5, Lot 64-1. BI Maritime Institute. Replacement of tent frame with awning structure on side deck.
*Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 401-466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 posted 11/15/17 KSC.