Public Notices - October 1, 2011
Not a legal posting: agenda may be amended after press time
New Shoreham Town Council Agenda
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
Monday, October 3, 2011
1. Act on Cooneymus Road delineation and maintenance issues
2. Authorize Town Manager to rebid Transfer Station contract
3. Receive Town Manager information report re: Special Financial Town Meeting for purchase of “Thomas” property
4. Act on recommendation from Town Manager pursuant to TNS General Ordinances Section 9-203(3) re: Carole Payne CRMC application
5. Act on Subordination Agreement re: Clifton E. Reynolds, Jr. et al
6. Receive and act on Block Island Tourism Council Financial Statement for year end June 30, 2011
7. Receive and act on Town Solicitor recommendation for final judgment on Town of New Shoreham v. Filippi et al (WCSC 2004-0115) a.k.a. Old Harbor “triangle”. This item may be discussed in executive session pursuant to RIGL 42-46-5(a)(2) for the discussion of litigation.
8. Correspondence: Peter Greenman re: pending “Thomas” property purchase
9. Minutes: September 14, 2011, September 21, 2011
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711
Block Island Land Trust
Monday, October 3, 2011, 2:45 p.m.
Old Town Road, Block Island, RI
2:45 PM – Open Session:
1. Public Input
a. Fresh Pond – Review Management Plan; Freshwater Wetlands
3. Public Priorities Poll Results
4. Treasurer’s Report
5. Secretary’s Report
6. Approval of Minutes: September 12, 2011 (open and closed)
7. 3:15 PM (approximate time) – Closed Session: Litigation & Acquisitions*
8. Motion(s) as a result of closed session discussion
Next Meeting: Monday, November 14, 2011
This item will be held in Closed Session pursuant to RI GL 42-46-5(2) (litigation: updates for Champlin’s Marina Expansion –RI Supreme Court Case #2009-113,114,115-M.P. and Champlin’s Partnership Inquiry), RIGL 42-46-5(5) (acquisitions: confidential at this time).
Those requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200
48 hours prior to meeting date. TTY: 711.
Posted: September 28, 2011
NEW SHOREHAM SEWER COMMISSION
The New Shoreham Sewer Commission is seeking separate sealed bids proposals for Emergency Sewerage Pumping and Hauling:
Specifications are available by calling the Director of Public Works Office, 466-3210 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. or on the Town’s website @ www.new-shoreham.com. Sealed bid proposals will be received in the Office of the Director of Public Works, #16 Old Town Road, PO Box 220, Block Island, RI until 2:00 PM local time on Friday, October 14, 2011, at which time they will be publicly opened and read aloud. All bids are to be submitted in sealed envelopes clearly marked Emergency Sewerage Pumping and Hauling on the outside with the bidder’s name and address.
If forwarded by mail, the sealed envelope containing the Bid must be enclosed in another outer envelope addressed to Nancy O. Dodge, Director of Public Works at PO Box 220, Block Island RI 02807.
The Sewer Commission reserves the right to reject any and all bids deemed to be not in the best interest of the Sewer District. The Sewer Commission reserves the right to reject any bid not submitted in accordance with the provisions set forth herein and may waive any informalities and all bids. Conditional bids will not be accepted. The Sewer Commission does not obligate itself to accept the lowest or any other bids.
The New Shoreham Sewer District is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
September 26 , 2011
Nancy O. Dodge
Director of Public Works
New Shoreham Planning Board Public Hearing
Proposal to Amend the New Shoreham
Land Development and Subdivision Regulations
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
The New Shoreham Planning Board is considering amending the New Shoreham Land Development and Subdivision Regulations. (See language below)
Before acting on the proposal and/or amendments to it, the Planning Board will hold a Public Hearing at 8:00 p.m., Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at Town Hall, Old Town Road, New Shoreham at which time all persons for or against may be heard. The proposed ordinance may be altered or amended prior to the close of the public hearing without further advertising, as a result of further study or because of the views expressed at the public hearing. Any alteration or amendment must be presented for comment in the course of the hearing.
Proposed amendments to Article 4 – Special Requirements
Section 403 – Flexible Design Residential Development
Section 403 – Flexible Design Residential Development to be amended as follows:
F. Open Space
4. Open Space Ownership and Management Standards Open space provided for under a Flexible Design Residential Development shall be owned either by the owners of the lots or units in the development, appurtenant to their ownership interest, the Town of New Shoreham, or a non-profit organization chosen by the developer and approved by the Planning Board. Open space provided for under a Flexible Design Residential Development shall be owned by the owners of the lots or units in the development, appurtenant to their ownership interest, except, however, this shall not preclude ownership by the Town of New Shoreham, the Block Island Land Trust or a non-profit conservation organization in circumstances where such ownership, of all or part of the open space, is desirable due to connectivity with land under the same ownership, or due to the presence of unique ecological, habitat or cultural features that make the land better served through ownership by a conservation organization. Ownership of open space by an entity other than the homeowners or the Town of New Shoreham shall be approved by the Planning Board. In the case of an easement restricting development, such easement may be held by either the Town or non-profit organization approved by the Planning Board
Posted: Sept 21, 2011
Hearing: October 12, 2011