Public Notices - October 15, 2011
Not a legal posting: agenda may be amended after press time
New Shoreham Town Council Agenda
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
1. Receive and act on TNS Police Department monthly report: September
2. Act on recommendation of Town Manager regarding Transfer Station Contract
3. Act on Finance Director request Re: authorization to submit Quarterly Municipal Deficits Report to the State of RI
4. Receive letter from Block Island Southeast Lighthouse Foundation and act on Town of New Shoreham priority list for RI State Planning Council’s Transportation Improvement Program
5. Act on Subordination Agreement re: Clifton E. Reynolds, Jr. et al
6. Receive and act on Harbors Committee recommendation re: mooring permits
7. Receive and act on Building Official letter re: legal proceedings to compel compliance with Zoning Ordinance on Plat 7 Lot 154 (moved garage to the Payne property on High Street without appropriate permits)
8. Act on TNS Board of Tax Assessors letter re: abatements to the 2011 Property Roll
9. Report on status of Sprague Farm, Inc. – Gravel Bank Closure Plan (Plat 16, Lot 62)
10. Receive and discuss letter from Congregation Sons and Daughters of Ruth re: celebratory music at night.
11. Set Public Hearing date for amendments to Chapter 7 Historic District Commission
12. Act on Town Council appointments:
• North Light Commission
• TNS Probate Judge
13. Correspondence: Shir Shalom re: Zoning Board Public Hearing for Special Use Permit; Martin and Lotte Wolfe re: deer control
14. Minutes: April 26, 2011; May 3, 2011
Review Town Council upcoming meeting schedule
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: (800) 745-5555. Posted
Electric Utilities Task Group
Friday, October 21, 2011
Town Hall, Old Town Road
1. Approval of minutes Sept. 16, 2011, Oct. 6, 2011
2. Discuss the Energy Forum to be held on Oct. 22, 2011
Individuals requesting services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight
hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 Posted:
Historic District Commission Meeting
Monday, October 17, 2011
Town Hall Meeting Room, Old Town Road.
A. Call to Order
B. Matters from the Public not on the Agenda
C. Approval of Minutes of June 20, 2011 and September 22, 2011
D. Final Review – Certificate of Appropriateness:
1. Coastal Resorts International. Plat 6, Lot 117-2. Application by Christopher Sereno of National Hotel for fencing, patio pavers and trees.
2. Aldos Properties LLC & L&L. Plat 6, Lot 89. Application by Herman Hassinger for Aldo’s Properties LLC & L&L to replace existing blacktop with brick pavers.
3. Windrose House LLC. Plat 7, Lot 73-1. Application by Herman Hassinger for James & Barbara Morrissey to construct an 8’x8’ widows walk on ridge of roof, outside shower and deck extension.
E. Long Boat Key Tavern, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 5-3. Advisory to the Zoning Board of Review for an application for a Special Use Permit under Section 506(G)(2) to build a four bedroom single family dwelling and a denitrification OWTS.
F. Orlando Capital Enterprises, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 5-5. Advisory to the Zoning Board of Review for an application for a Special Use Permit under Section 506(G)(2) to build a four bedroom single family dwelling and a denitrification OWTS.
G. Long Boat Key Tavern, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 5-6. Advisory to the Zoning Board of Review for an application for a Special Use Permit under Section 506(G)(2) to build a four bedroom single family dwelling and a denitrification OWTS.
F. Tabled Items / Old Business
1. Review of violations.
G. New Business
1. Discussion of the Historic District Commission Procedures and Standards Guidebook, Section II. Application Procedures, Minor Changes to the Exterior.
2. Discussion of the Rules and Regulations of the Historic District Commission.
H. Secretary’s Report
1. Election of Secretary.
*Individuals requesting interpreter services for the Hearing Impaired must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 Posted: 10/12/2011 tlc
of hearings on an applications for Variances, Special Use Permits an Appeals under the Zoning Ordinance.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session at the Town Hall, Old Town Road on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 5:30 PM for a regular meeting.
All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following applications under the Zoning Ordinances:
1. Shir Shalom, LLC. Plat 9, Lot 66-1. Application for a Special Use Permit under Sections 306(E), 314(C) and 415(A) and (B) and a Variance from
Notice to all concerned parties who own vessels that have been left on Andy’s Way, the beach at the Narragansett Inn, and the beach between the Boat Basin and Champlins Marina, you will have until November 15, 2011 to remove your vessel from the areas stated above or the Harbors Department will have them removed at the owner’s expense.