Public Notices - October 4, 2014
Block Island Land Trust
Monday, October 6, 2014, 4:00 p.m.
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island, RI
4:00 PM – Open Session:
1. Public Input
a. Spring House Pond Update
3. Harbormaster Facility
4. Shared Legal Expenses for Champlin’s Marina Case
5. Town Council Proposal re: Sachem Pond
6. Land Management Policy: Review/Revise
7. Treasurer’s Reports July, August, September 2014
8. Secretary’s Report
9. Approval of Minutes: Open & Closed September 15, 2014
10. 4:30 PM– Closed Session: Acquisitions, Litigation, *
11. Motion(s) as a result of closed session discussion
Next Meeting: Monday, November 10, 2014
*This item will be held in Closed Session pursuant to RIGL 42-46-5(5) (acquisitions: confidential at this time), and RIGL 42-46-5(2) (litigation: updates for Champlin’s Marina Expansion –RI Supreme Court Case #2009-113,114,115-M.P.).
Those requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200
48 hours prior to meeting date. TTY: 711.
Posted: October 1, 2014
Town of New Shoreham is seeking Separate sealed BIDS for the purchase and installation of a Yanmar 4JH4-HTE (110 hp) and Transmission: Velvet Drive 72c 1.81 to 1 in an existing 26’ OMS launch. Bids will be received by the Town Manager until 2:00 pm on October 15, 2014 and at that time will be opened and read in public.
Specifications may be obtained from www.new-shoreham.com or by email at email@example.com or by calling (401) 466-3213.
All Bids must be submitted and clearly marked: Purchase and Installation of Yanmar 4JH4-HTE (110 hp) and Transmission: Velvet Drive 72c 1.81 to 1 in an existing 26’ OMS launch
Bids must be submitted in an enclosed opaque envelope addressed to:
Nancy O. Dodge
P.O. Drawer 220
Block Island, RI 02807
No Bid may be withdrawn within sixty (60) days after the scheduled closing time for receipt of Bid.
The Town of New Shoreham reserves the right to reject any/all Bids, waive any informalities in the Bid received and to accept the Bid deemed most favorable to the interest of the Town of New Shoreham.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must notify the Town Clerk (401-466-3200) three (3) business days prior to the Bid opening. EOE
Date: September 26, 2014
Nancy O. Dodge
Notice of Public Hearing
Monday, October 6, 2014
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
The New Shoreham Town Council will hold a Public Hearing to consider amending New Shoreham’s Revised Ordinances Chapter 11 Article IV Section 11-71 to allow waterfowl hunting on Plat 1 Lot 16 within the Sachem Pond Wildlife Refuge. The proposed language appears underlined below.
Sec. 11-71. - Protected wildlife area designated.
(a) Except as provided in subsections (b) and (c) of this section, no person shall hunt, shoot, trap or annoy wildlife nor destroy or disturb the eggs, nests or nesting areas of the wildlife within or upon Sachem Pond and the land areas adjacent thereto, both private and public, within that certain area bounded:
Northerly and easterly by Corn Neck Road and also northerly by the extensions of Corn Neck
Road from Settler’s Rock running northwesterly with the shoreline to a line running due east and
west through the base of the North Lighthouse and by the same line running westerly to the
shoreline referred to as the “West Beach”; Westerly by the shoreline of the “West Beach” from the aforesaid line south to a point being the westerly terminus of a roadway running easterly from the shoreline to Corn Neck Road through lands of F. Nelson Breed and Edna Sheffield White, and southerly by said roadway.
(b) The town council may vote on an annual basis to allow the hunting of deer on those areas of
Assessor’s Plat 1, Lot 16, which lie within the above-described property during such limited periods of time and under such conditions as the town council shall deem appropriate. In allowing any such hunting of deer, the town shall clearly mark the area(s) where deer hunting is permitted.
(c) The hunting of waterfowl is permitted on those areas of Assessor’s Plat 1, Lot 16, which lie within the above-described property. The town shall clearly mark the area(s) where waterfowl hunting is permitted.
Before acting on the foregoing, the New Shoreham Town Council will hold a Public Hearing at the time and place referenced above at which time all persons for or against may be heard.
Posted: September 3, 2014
Hearing: October 6, 2014
Not a registered voter? The last day to register to vote in the November 4, 2014 general election is Sunday, October 5, 2014. If you are a New Shoreham resident, you may register at the Town Clerk’s Office at Town Hall, Old Town Road Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. before the deadline, or at the Police Station on Beach Avenue on Sunday October 5, 2014 between 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Absentee Ballot Applications Available: Mail (“absentee”) ballot applications for the election are available at the Town Clerk’s Office. You must apply by 4:00 PM October 14, 2014.
Call the Town Clerk’s Office at 466-3200 if you have questions!
Posted July 24, 2014/FF
The Planning Board Meeting
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
7:00 P.M. @ Town Hall, Old Town Road
Block Island, RI 02807
The Town of New Shoreham Planning Board will be in session for a meeting on Wednesday, October 8, 2014 at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island, RI.
1. Discussion of Memorandum from Marc Tillson, Building Official regarding Flagpoles.
2. Terry, Joseph and Lisa. Plat 3, Lot 7. Request for a mylar to be signed off as subdivision is not required.
3. Rose, Robert and Judith and Tucker, David and Eleni. Plat 8, Lots 257 and 254. Application for an Administrative Subdivision of land off of High Street.
4. Payne’s 1614 Realty LLC. Plat 5, Lot 111. Public Hearing for an Application for Development Plan Review for Payne’s Harbor View Inn.
5. Connelly, Michael and Judith. Plat 11. Lot 20-2. Pre-Application for a Minor Subdivision of property off Snake Hole Road.
6. Discussion regarding a letter from Joe Noel dated September 24, 2014 regarding Article 4, Section 409 Restaurants in the Mixed Use Zone.
7. Review of comprehensive plan update
8. Approval of Minutes
THE PLANNING BOARD’S POLICY IS TO ADJOURN AT 10:00 P.M. Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY:711 jbb 10/1/14
of hearings on an applications for Variances, Special Use Permits an Appeals under the Zoning Ordinance.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session at the Town Hall, Old Town Road on Wednesday, October 22, 2014 at 5:00 PM for a regular meeting.
All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following applications under the Zoning Ordinances:
1. Stover. Keith and Susan. Plat 16, Lot 82. Application for a Variance from Section 306 (C) to expand and convert a garage to an Accessory Residential Structure.
2. Law. Ann. Plat 6, Lot 136. Application for a Special Use Permit under Section 311(E), 314 and 408 for expansion of an existing Inn.