Public Notices - September 10, 2011
Not a legal posting: agenda be amended after press time
Electric Utilities Task Group
Friday, September 16, 2011
Town Hall, Old Town Road
1. Approve minutes from August 19, 2011
2. Public Input
3. Deepwater Update
4. Discussion of Community Forum on Electricity Alternatives
5. Review and discussion of the "Goals and Objectives and Implementation Actions" sections of the draft Energy Component of the Town's Comprehensive Plan. Specifically those sections relating to "Electric Power Generation and Distribution" (pages 31-34), "Renewable Energy Use" (pages 37-40) and "Energy Efficiency and Conservation" (page 40-41).
Individuals requesting services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight
hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 Posted: Sept. 7, 2011 (br)
New Shoreham Board of Canvassers Meeting
The Board of Canvassers will meet Tuesday, September 20, 2011 at 9:00 a.m. to conduct the final canvass and correct list of qualified voters for the October 11, 2011 Special Financial Town Meeting.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711. Posted: September 7, 2011/FF
The Planning Board Meeting
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
7:00 P.M. @ Town Hall, Old Town Road
Block Island, RI 02807
The Town of New Shoreham Planning Board will be in session for a meeting on Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall, Old Town Road.
1. Approval of Minutes
2. Kieltyka, Peter and Marion. Plat 9, Lot 72-1 & 72-2. Request for a mylar to be signed off as subdivision is not required.
3. Morrison, David and Lucinda. Plat 17, Lot 27. Final Application for a Major Subdivision of property on Old Town Road.
4. Public discussion regarding the draft Block Island Energy Plan.
5. Review previously approved project Plat 6, Lot 90 Old Harbor Meadows. 6. Update on Climate Change Workshop
THE PLANNING BOARD'S POLICY IS TO ADJOURN AT 10:30 P.M.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY:711
THE ZONING BOARD OF REVIEW
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
6:00 P.M. @ Town Hall, Old Town Road
The Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session for a worksession on Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 6:00 P.M. at the Town Hall, Old Town Road.
The board will be discussing the pending decisions for the following:
1. Helterline, Jill. Plat 2, Lot 2-4. Application for a Special Use Permit under 306(E), 403 and 405 to create a secondary dwelling unit pursuant to Section 403 with one of the two units created as an affordable housing unit.
2. Linda, Joshua and Paige. Plat 10, Lot 53-1. Application for a Variance from Section 307(C) for construction of a deck.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711
of hearings on an applications for Variances, Special Use Permits an Appeals under the Zoning Ordinance.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session at the Town Hall, Old Town Road on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 5:30 PM for a regular meeting.
All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following applications under the Zoning Ordinances:
1. Southeast Light Foundation. Plat 8, Lot 1. Appeal by Michael Delia of a letter from the Building Official dated January 28, 2010 and May 4, 2011 Constructive Notice.
2. T and C Holdings, LLC. Plat 6, Lot 158. Appeal of a Notice of Violation by the Building Official dated June 28, 2011.
Block Island Land Trust
Monday, September 12, 2011, 2:45 p.m.
Old Town Road, Block Island, RI
2:45 PM – Open Session:
1. Public Input
a. Fresh Pond – Review Management Plan; Freshwater Wetlands
b. Tree Donation Program
c. Bio Control Study
3. Public Priorities Poll
4. Treasurer’s Report
5. Secretary’s Report
6. Approval of Minutes: August 15, 2011 (open and closed)
7. 3:15 PM (approximate time) – Closed Session: Litigation & Acquisitions*
8. Motion(s) as a result of closed session discussion
Next Meeting: Monday, October 3 (first Monday), 2011
This item will be held in Closed Session pursuant to RI GL 42-46-5(2) (litigation: updates for Champlin’s Marina Expansion –RI Supreme Court Case #2009-113,114,115-M.P. and Champlin’s Partnership Inquiry), RIGL 42-46-5(5) (acquisitions: confidential at this time).
Those requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200
48 hours prior to meeting date. TTY: 711.
Posted: September 7, 2011
The New Shoreham School Committee, at its meeting held on Monday, August 15, 2011, approved the posting of the following policies for the required 30-day period prior to adoption:
DAA: Fiscal Management
GG: School Anti-Violence and Weapons
GO: Self-Administration of Prescription Medication
HB: Reimbursement for Conferences
HIA: Student Activities Advisors
IK: Student Behavior Code
Copies are available for community perusal during normal business hours at the Island Free Library, the Block Island School, and on the school's website (blockislandschool.net).
Voter Registration Deadline for Special Financial Town Meeting
A Special Financial Town Meeting has been scheduled for Tuesday, October 11, 2011.
In order to participate, you must be registered to vote in New Shoreham on or before Sunday, September 11, 2011. You may register at the Town Clerk’s Office, Town Hall, Old Town Road, Monday through Friday 9:00 to 3:00 by September 10, or at the New Shoreham Police Station on Sunday, September 11, 2011 between 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. Contact the Town Clerk’s Office if you have questions: (401) 466-3200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TOWN OF NEW SHOREHAM
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
The Town of New Shoreham is requesting proposals for the OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE OF THE TRANSFER STATION AND RECYCLING CENTER under a three year Term beginning October 1, 2011 and expiring September 30, 2014.
Separate sealed PROPOSALS will be received by the Town Manager, P.O. Box 220, Block Island, RI 02807 until September 9, 2011 @ 2:00 pm. (local time) and then at said office publicly opened and acknowledged.
The CONTRACT DOCUMENTS may be examined at the following locations: Town Manager’s Office, #16 Old Town Road, Block Island, RI
Copies of the CONTRACT DOCUMENTS may be obtained at the office of the Town Manager located at 16 Old Town Road, Block Island, RI 02807, (401) 466-3210 or by email email@example.com and is available on the Town’s website @ www.new-shoreham.com.
Nancy O. Dodge