Public Notices - September 13, 2014
INVITATION TO BID
Separate sealed Bids will be received by the Town of New Shoreham, Rhode Island for MOORING MAINTENANCE, on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 @ 2:00 p.m. at the office of the Town Manager, #16 Old Town Road, Block Island, RI 02807 and will be opened immediately and read in public. Specifications may be obtained by calling: (401) 466-3213, or from the Town’s website @ www.new-shoreham.com or by e-mail@ firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Bids must be submitted and clearly marked:
(Sealed Bid): Mooring Maintenance
Bids must be enclosed in an opaque envelope addressed to:
Nancy O. Dodge
P.O. Drawer 220
Block Island, RI 02807
No Bidder may withdraw their Bid within ninety (90) days after the scheduled closing time for receipt of Bid.
The Town of New Shoreham reserves the right to reject any/all bids, waive any informalities in the Bids received, and to accept the Bid deemed most favorable to the interest of the Town.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must notify the Town Clerk @ (401)466-3200 two (2) business days prior to the Bid opening. TTY: 711
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted: September 10, 20114
Historic District Commission Meeting
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Town Hall, Old Town Road
A. Call to Order
B. Matters from the Public not on the Agenda
C. Approval of Minutes.
D. Preliminary and Final Review
1. Robert E. & Judith B. Rose. Plat 8, Lot 262. Application by Robert Rose to construct storage area under a deck.
E. Final Review:
1. Taylor Geer & Edward J. Stover. Plat 6, Lot 84. Application by Edward Stover to replace window with exterior door.
2. Craig & Michele Fontaine. Plat 6, Lot 37-1. Application by W. Douglas Gilpin to install an outdoor shower enclosure, conceal a propane tank, removal of window, and relocate exhaust vents.
Letter dated September 3, 2014 to Town Council from J.T.Pinney re: current signage regulations.
F. Old Business
1. Discuss/Act on revision of the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Ordinance Article 5 – Section 504 – Signs (B).
2. Update on Notice of Violations issued for illegal/unapproved signage, and banners.
3. Discuss/Act on trash compactors.
G. New Business
1. Follow-up on plantings for arbor screening at Esta’s Park.
*Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711
Posted: 9/10/2014 tlc
Block Island Land Trust
Monday, September 15, 2014, 4:00 p.m.
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island, RI
4:00 PM – Open Session:
1. Public Input
2. Beach Cleanup Event Saturday, September 20, 2014
a. Ocean View: Fence & Sign Update
b. Spring House Pond Update
c. Solviken: Occupancy & Use Agreement: Review & Approve
d. K&H: Correspondence & Stewardship Invoice – Gene Hall
4. Land Management Policy: Review/Revise
5. Treasurer’s Report July, August 2014
6. Secretary’s Report
7. Approval of Minutes: Open & Closed August 4, 2014
8. 4:30 PM– Closed Session: Acquisitions, Litigation, *
9. Motion(s) as a result of closed session discussion
Next Meeting: Monday, October 6, 2014
*This item will be held in Closed Session pursuant to RIGL 42-46-5(5) (acquisitions: confidential at this time), and RIGL 42-46-5(2) (litigation: updates for Champlin’s Marina Expansion –RI Supreme Court Case #2009-113,114,115-M.P.).
Those requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200
48 hours prior to meeting date. TTY: 711.
Posted: September 10, 2014
Notice of Public Hearing
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
The New Shoreham Town Council will hold a Public Hearing to consider amending New Shoreham’s Revised Ordinances by adopting a new subsection (e) in Chapter 9 “Marine Activities, Areas and Structures” Section 143 “Method and time of taking shellfish”
Sec. 9-143 – Method and time of taking shellfish
(e) Shellfish Gauge No person shall take shellfish, or attempt to take shellfish, without having a shellfish gauge to measure shellfish to ensure that those specimens not meeting a minimum size limit stated in this chapter may be returned promptly to town waters. Any person taking or attempting to take shellfish shall have on or in the immediate vicinity of his/her person such required shellfish gauge, and shall present the shellfish gauge upon the request of any shellfish warden, Harbors department employee or police officer of the town. A shellfish gauge will be issued by the Harbors Department upon issuance or renewal of a shellfish license; otherwise a shellfish gauge is available from the Harbors Department for a fee of $2.00. The shellfish gauge required in this section must be substantially similar to the shellfish gauge issued by the Harbors Department.
Before acting on the foregoing, the New Shoreham Town Council will hold a Public Hearing at the time and place referenced above at which time all persons for or against may be heard.
Posted: August 26, 2014
Hearing: September 17, 2014
of hearings on an applications for Variances, Special Use Permits an Appeals under the Zoning Ordinance.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session at the Town Hall, Old Town Road on Thursday, September 25, 2014 at 6:00 PM for a regular meeting.
All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following applications under the Zoning Ordinances:
1. Fontaine. Craig and Michele. Plat 6, Lot 37. Application for a Variance from Section 313 (C) for an outdoor shower and a back porch.
of hearings on applications for Development Plan Review.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Planning Board will be in session at the Town Hall on Wednesday, September 10, 2014 at 7:00 P.M. for its regular monthly meeting. All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following application:
1. Payne’s Harbor View Inn. Plat 5, Lot 111. Public Hearing for an Application by Carole Payne for Development Plan Review
ZONING MODIFICATION REQUEST
1. Fischberg, Kimberly. Plat 15, Lot 5, Unit 1. Zoning Modification request is to construct a new 14’x34’ exterior deck onto a Single Family Dwelling under construction. A portion of the new deck will be located forty one (41’) feet from the Northern Property Line of Lot 5. A fifty (50’) foot setback is required from all property lines in the Residential A (RA) Zoning District. If no written objections are received from directly abutting property owners to Lot 5 by 13 October 2014 the Modification will be granted
Marc A. Tillson
Town of New Shoreham
Not a legal posting: agenda may be amended after press time
New Shoreham Town Council Agenda
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
1. Public Hearing: Proposed amendment to TNS Revised Ordinances re: Sec. 9-143 (e) Shellfish Gage
2. Receive and act on Cindy Kelly re: new location(s) for Pots and Kettles food truck
3. Discuss and act on Town Solicitor guidance re:
• BI Substance Abuse Prevention Task Force proposed bylaws change (continued from
• prohibiting alcohol advertising on banners, umbrellas, etc. as a stipulation of granting
4. Act on recommendation of the Town Clerk to extend the time period for the filing of minutes per RIGL 42-46-7. Minutes (b)
5. Minutes: September 3, 2014 (This item may be held in closed session pursuant to Rhode Island General Law §42-46-5(a)(1) for discussions of job performance)
6. Discuss and act on Town Solicitor report re: Pension Litigation (This item may be held in closed session pursuant to Rhode Island General Law §42-46-5(a) (2) for the discussion of litigation)
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf or hard of hearing must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours prior to the meeting date. TTY: 711. Posted: