Public Notices September 16, 2017
of hearings on an applications and appeals
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session at the Town Hall, Old Town Road on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 5:00 PM for a regular meeting.
All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following Applications/appeals under the Zoning Ordinances:
• Gaffett, Lewis. Plat 6, Lot 3-3. Application for a Variance from Section 313(C) for a utility device containing a sand filter located within the eastern setback line and a retaining wall on the west side of the property.
Historic District Commission Meeting
Monday, September 18, 2017
Town Hall, Old Town Road
A. Call to Order
After presentations by the Applicant, members of the Public will be allowed 2 opportunities to speak on Agenda items. The Chair will ask if anyone from the Public has questions of the Applicant in an attempt to understand the project. After questions are closed, the Chair will ask if anyone from the Public has comments. Members of the Public will have up to 3 minutes per person to comment. Comments should be limited to the exterior design of the building and site. Comments will not be allowed as to the interior design or use of the project, etc. Thank you for participating.
B. Matters from the Public not on the Agenda
C. Approval of August Minutes (2 Meetings) (August 7, 2017 and August 21, 2017)
• Plat 8 Lot 83, Scenic Block Island/ Block Island Land Trust. Application for installation of informational sign about the Spring Street Pump House.
E. Final Review
• Plat 5 Lot 66, Island Marine Corp. Application to add a second story to existing building for employee housing.
• Plat 6, Lot 3-3. Lewis H. Gaffett. Application to construct a new commercial building.
• Plat 6, Lot 121. Caroline L. Todd, Trustee. Application to construct a 16’ x 24’ retail space.
• Sign Violation Update- Update on violations and ongoing enforcement.
*Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 posted 09/12/2017 ksc