Public Notices - September 17, 2011
Historic District Commission Meeting
Monday, September 19, 2011
Town Hall Meeting Room, Old Town Road.
A. Call to Order
B. Matters from the Public not on the Agenda
C. Approval of Minutes of June 20, 2011, August 15, 2011 and reconsideration of the Minutes of July 18, 2011
D. Final Review – Certificate of Appropriateness:
1. Aldos Properties LLC & L&L. Plat 6, Lot 89. Application by Herman Hassinger for Aldo’s Properties LLC & L&L to replace existing blacktop with brick pavers.
2. Albion Condominium. Plat 6, Lot 003-02. Application by Thomas L. Buonon, Jr. of Jwani’s to install exhaust.
E. Sign Applications:
1. Justin Abrams. Plat 7, Lot 33. Application by Sven Risom of North Light Fibers to install a new sign.
F. Tabled Items / Old Business
1. Review of violations.
2. Update on the Amendment to Chapter 7.
G. New Business
1. Update on the Zoning appeal of Steve Papa and Aldo Leone.
2. Discussion of the Historic District Commission Procedures and Standards Guidebook, Section II. Application Procedures, Minor Changes to the Exterior
3. Discussion of the Rules and Regulations of the Historic District Commission
4. Discussion of the Application for Nomination for the Historic District
H. Secretary’s Report
1. Election of Secretary.
*Individuals requesting interpreter services for the Hearing Impaired must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 Posted: 09/12/2011 tlc
Scenic Block Island
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Island Free Library
Meeting Room B (downstairs)
1. Scenic Block Island - A Catalyst for Preservation". Speaker will be Valerie Talmage, Executive Director of Preserve Rhode Island.
of hearings on an applications for Variances, Special Use Permits an Appeals under the Zoning Ordinance.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session at the Town Hall, Old Town Road on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 5:30 PM for a regular meeting.
All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following applications under the Zoning Ordinances:
1. Southeast Light Foundation. Plat 8, Lot 1. Appeal by Michael Delia of a letter from the Building Official dated January 28, 2010 and May 4, 2011 Constructive Notice.
2. T and C Holdings, LLC. Plat 6, Lot 158. Appeal of a Notice of Violation by the Building Official dated June 28, 2011.
New Shoreham Board of Canvassers Meeting
The Board of Canvassers will meet Tuesday, September 20, 2011 at 9:00 a.m. to conduct the final canvass and correct list of qualified voters for the October 11, 2011 Special Financial Town Meeting.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711. Posted: September 7, 2011/FF.
The Town will be applying dustkill to island roads on September 25-26.
The Transfer Station and West Beach Road will be done.
A portion of the following roads will be treated: Mansion, Payne, Cooneymus, Old Mill Road, Grace’s Cove.
The entire road - South East, Snake Hole, Beacon Hill, Connecticut and Sands Pond Road
The boat ramp by Smugglers.
Please drive slowly over treated roads