Public Notices - September 6, 2014
Not a legal posting: agenda may be amended after press time
New Shoreham Town Council Agenda
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
Monday, September 8, 2014
- Receive and act on Merrill E. Slate Legion Post 36 letter re: practice of canon salutes from M/V General, and other motor vessels.
- Discuss and act on BI Tourism Council letter re: extended fall hours for Town rest room facilities.
• Act on establishing deer hunting dates for use on Town lands (Plat 20, Lot 20 and
Plat 1 Lot 16) during the 2014/15 deer hunting season.
• Act on Deer Tag reimbursement policy for the 2014/15 deer hunting season.
- Receive and act on Block Island Residents for Renewables (BIRR) letter re: S 2690subA The Renewable Energy Growth Program
- Receive and act on EUTG memo re: timeline of issues to be considered relating to Deepwater Wind project
- Receive and act on Town Manager recommendation re: architect selection for doctors residence
- Act on revised Loan Resolution ($686,000) for Water System project, as approved at 2014 Financial Town Meeting
- Receive comments from J.T. Pinney re: current sign regulations
- Receive and act on TNS Police Department monthly report: August 2014
10. Minutes: August 20, 2014 (open and closed);
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf or hard of hearing must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours prior to the meeting date. TTY: 711. Posted: September 2, 2014/FF
Notice of Public Hearing
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
The New Shoreham Town Council will hold a Public Hearing to consider amending New Shoreham’s Revised Ordinances by adopting a new subsection (e) in Chapter 9 “Marine Activities, Areas and Structures” Section 143 “Method and time of taking shellfish”
Sec. 9-143 – Method and time of taking shellfish
(e) Shellfish Gauge No person shall take shellfish, or attempt to take shellfish, without having a shellfish gauge to measure shellfish to ensure that those specimens not meeting a minimum size limit stated in this chapter may be returned promptly to town waters. Any person taking or attempting to take shellfish shall have on or in the immediate vicinity of his/her person such required shellfish gauge, and shall present the shellfish gauge upon the request of any shellfish warden, Harbors department employee or police officer of the town. A shellfish gauge will be issued by the Harbors Department upon issuance or renewal of a shellfish license; otherwise a shellfish gauge is available from the Harbors Department for a fee of $2.00. The shellfish gauge required in this section must be substantially similar to the shellfish gauge issued by the Harbors Department.
Before acting on the foregoing, the New Shoreham Town Council will hold a Public Hearing at the time and place referenced above at which time all persons for or against may be heard.
Posted: August 26, 2014
Hearing: September 17, 2014
of hearings on an applications for Variances, Special Use Permits an Appeals under the Zoning Ordinance.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session at the Town Hall, Old Town Road on Thursday, September 25, 2014 at 6:00 PM for a regular meeting.
All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following applications under the Zoning Ordinances:
1. Fontaine. Craig and Michele. Plat 6, Lot 37. Application for a Variance from Section 313 (C) for an outdoor shower and a back porch.
of hearings on applications for Development Plan Review.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Planning Board will be in session at the Town Hall on Wednesday, September 10, 2014 at 7:00 P.M. for its regular monthly meeting. All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following application:
1. Payne’s Harbor View Inn. Plat 5, Lot 111. Public Hearing for an Application by Carole Payne for Development Plan Review
The Planning Board Meeting
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
7:00 P.M. @ Town Hall, Old Town Road
Block Island, RI 02807
The Town of New Shoreham Planning Board will be in session for a meeting on Wednesday, September 10, 2014 at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island, RI.
1. Discussion of Memorandum from Marc Tillson, Building Official regarding Flagpoles.
2. Discussion and action on Pheasant Trail subdivision non-compliance with approved subdivision plan.
3. Payne’s 1614 Realty LLC. Plat 5, Lot 111. Public Hearing for an Application for Development Plan Review for Payne’s Harbor View Inn.
4. Law, Ann. Plat 6, Lot 136. Advisory to the Zoning Board for an Application for a Special Use Permit under Sections 311 (E), 314 and 408 for an addition to an existing Inn.
5. Connelly, Michael and Judith. Plat 11. Lot 20-2. Pre-Application for a Minor Subdivision of property off Snake Hole Road.
6. Review of comprehensive plan update
7. Approval of Minutes
THE PLANNING BOARD’S POLICY IS TO ADJOURN AT 10:00 P.M. Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY:711 jbb 9/3/14