Town Council Agenda
New Shoreham Town Council Agenda
Town Hall, 16 Old Town Road
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
The Public Hearings were advertised before the Town’s in-person protocols were developed, and the notices did not contain any information about in-person participation. For that reason we have been advised that there can be no in-person audience for this meeting; all public access will be remote via Zoom.
Public access will be via Zoom pursuant to
State of Rhode Island Executive Order 20-46 dated June 12, 2020 as amended
Zoom access: dial toll free for cellular phone or landline (888) 788 0099, (833) 548 0276, (833) 548 0282, (877) 853 5247. When prompted, Meeting ID: 842 7576 2778 Passcode: 999999. We do not have bandwidth to support a video link for members of the general public. To participate, “Raise your hand” on your phone by pressing *9; mute and unmute by pressing *6. To see supporting documents for this agenda, go to: Clerkbase https://clerkshq.com/NewShoreham-RI Please dial in or watch Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmvoSBIQ0bsFRg1kxPgNVCA
- Public Hearing: Proposed Amendment to TNS Zoning Section 111, General Prohibitions (Living Floor Area). The New Shoreham Town Council will consider amendments to the Zoning Ordinance which would prohibit a living floor area in excess of 4,500 square feet for residential structures in the RA and RB Zones.
- Public Hearing: Proposed Amendment to TNS Zoning Section 514, Residential Structures in the RA and RB Zones. The New Shoreham Town Council will consider amendments to the Zoning Ordinance which would add standards for “Floor Area Living” for residential structures in the RA and RB Zones
- Public Hearing: Proposed Amendment to TNS Zoning Map, changing Plat 19 Lot 2 West Side Road from Residential A Zone to New Harbor Commercial Zone
- Town Manager’s Report: Update from the Harbors Department, Recreation Department, Island Free Library, Finance Division, Administration and Broadband Project
- Police Chief’s Report
- Boards, Committees and Commissions
- Receive and act on Memorandum of Broadband Committee requesting reduction of membership by eliminating IT member and Facilities Manager member
- Act on vacancy on Motor Vehicles for Hire Commission (member must not hold a Town Taxi, Limousine or Bus License)
- Act on vacancy on Zoning Board
- Discuss and act on charge of Sea Level Rise Committee and announce vacancies
- Receive and act on change order for Mission Broadband Project
- Discuss the abilities and conditions under with municipalities may take private property for public health and safety
- Receive and act on Memorandum from Commission on Motor Vehicles for Hire regarding change of residency status in regards to Rich Gann taxi license eligibility
- Receive and act on appeal of Special Event License for Tri-State Fishing Tournament July 25 – July 29, 2021 Narragansett Inn, #31 Off West Side Road (denied because it was received after deadline)
- Receive and act on requests for Town sponsorship for fundraising events:
- BI Volunteer Fire & Rescue outdoor screening of Jaws, August 3, 2021 from 8:45 PM to 11:00 PM at the Block Island Club, Corn Neck Road
- Block Island Health Services/National Alliance on Mental Illness-Block Island 5K Fun Run on August 7, 2021 at 5 PM on Crescent Beach
- Mary D Ball August 7, 2021 from 5 PM to 9 PM, at the Sullivan House, 605 Corn Neck Road
- Receive and act on renewal of TNS Mobile Food Establishment Permit for Payne’s Killer Donuts
- Receive and act on 2021 Game License Application for Aldo’s Bakery Games
- Minutes: June 24, 2021; July 6, 2021; July 7, 2021; July 12, 2021.
- Receive and act on Miles-Un-Ltd., et al v. Town of New Shoreham, et al RI Civil No. 95-CV-326B, NH Civil No. 1:95-CV-356-JRM including discussion of consent agreement, as amended, and including the consequences of expiration and mechanisms for renegotiation. This item may be discussed in closed session pursuant to RI General law 42-46-5(a)(2) Sessions pertaining to collective bargaining or litigation, or work sessions pertaining to collective bargaining or litigation.
- Property negotiations: This discussion may be held in executive session pursuant to RIGL 42-46-5(a)(5) Any discussions or considerations related to the acquisition or lease of real property for public purposes, or of the disposition of publicly held property wherein advanced public information would be detrimental to the interest of the public; and RIGL 42-46-5(a)(7) A matter related to the question of the investment of public funds where the premature disclosure would adversely affect the public interest. Public funds shall include any investment plan or matter related thereto, including, but not limited to, state lottery plans for new promotions.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711. Posted 07/14/21 by FF