Town Hall evacuated
Block Island Town Hall was evacuated today after the heating system located above the Town Council chambers started leaking through the ceiling.
“The air handler unit over the Council Chambers blew a leak in the coil and it started to leak. That’s water that comes from the boiler and it has a chemical treatment in it that has an unpleasant aroma. It started to leak down through the ceiling,” said Facilities Manager Sam Bird. A plumber has been called in to attend the matter, said Bird.
“Everybody’s fine,” said Bird.