Worker tests positive for COVID-19
UPDATE 7/06/2020: The Medical Center was asked by the Block Island Times if it was able to name the establishment, and we received the following statement:
“Unfortunately, knowing that you were exposed in one establishment does not eliminate the possibility of having been exposed somewhere else just previously, or that you will not be exposed at another establishment. The DOH will make additional information available if it is deemed necessary through their contact tracing. As a medical facility we are keenly aware of privacy concerns and are required to follow HIPAA laws. Additionally, we do not want to create stigma that prevents individuals or establishments from seeking care or testing if they are concerned, this could in fact contribute to additional spread.”
The following update was provided by the Block Island Medical Center this morning, July 6:
Update on COVID-19 July 6, 2020
We regret to inform the public that an individual working on Block Island for the summer has tested positive for COVID-19.
The Medical Center received the test result at 8:45 last night and immediately informed the employer and the First Warden. By 10 PM the business’ COVID Response Plan was activated, the employee was isolated and the DOH on-call team was in discussion with Dr. Warcup. Contact tracing by the DOH is already in progress.
We understand this is disarming news and remind everyone to follow the guidance on mitigating the spread of the virus:
- Wear a mask in public
- Social Distance (6 feet or more)
- Wash hands frequently and avoid touching the face
- Monitor your health
- Dr. Warcup is in close communication with the Governor’s Office, the DOH, and RI Emergency Management to ensure we are as prepared as possible for an outbreak and for taking care of our patients here on the island. As previously announced, the DOH and the Disaster Medical Team will begin asymptomatic testing on the island this week. Testing will begin tomorrow and will be administered through the DOH portal:The tests will be prioritized for high contact workers and first responders, and will include restaurant workers, individuals living in communal housing, contacts of exposed individuals, and will radiate out to residents.As always, do not hesitate to call the Medical Center if you are concerned about your health or have questions. Our providers are prepared to perform a COVID-19 test and provide you with the best, most appropriate care. The front desk can be reached Mon-Fri from 9-5 by dialing (401) 466-2974 ext. 3.
- Stay well,
The Block Island Medical Center
- There is a registration process to sign up for the test that takes about 10 minutes. If you have insurance, please have the plan name, ID number and subscriber name available. There will be no cost for the testing and testing will continue on a twice weekly basis so that the we can mitigate the spread of the virus when it is detected and the DOH can perform contact tracing.
- If possible, stay home and minimize your contact with others and with groups of individuals.