Offered as required by New Shoreham Zoning Ordinance, Appendix E, Section 711. 927 Cormorant Cove Rd, Plat 19/Lot 32, Small Cottage and Barn offered at no cost. Must be removed at your expense. If interested please contact Dan McLaughlin by email, Dan@wkpconstruction.com.
Upon completion of payment, online classified listings will appear on the requested start date. Print classified listings will be included in the next available print publication. Pricing is as follows:
|Listing Type||Base Price||Words Included||Extra Words||Image Fee|
|Printed Classified (Online Included)||$14.00 per Week||20||$0.50 per Week||$5.00|
- The Block Island Chamber of Commerce is seeking an EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR for a full-time year-round position. This position requires in-depth knowledge of the island and exceptional networking skills. Submit resumes or inquire for more information via email to email@example.com by July 18.
- 24 hours per week; Sunday 4:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m., Monday 12:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m., Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Additional fill-in shifts may become available to cover vacations or other approved leave by members within dispatch.)
This position is affiliated with Council 94 and is classified as Labor Grade C, Step 1 starts at $16.06 per hour. Upon successful completion of a six-month probationary period, a Step increase is possible. Single benefits eligible. Must be at least 18 years of age, have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent, and be a United States citizen.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (401) 466-3213. Applications are available at Town Hall or www.new-shoreham.com. Applications must be submitted by July 13, 2022 to Maryanne Crawford, Town Manager, P.O. Box 220, #16 Old Town Road, Block Island, RI 02807. EOE Posted: 6/29/2022 sjg
- Classic Drascombe Dabber 16’ English Yawl Sailboat. Rare find in the US. Has 118 sq.ft. of sail with bowsprit and mizzen sail. Has 2 rowing stations and one new custom oar set included. Has a small outboard motor mount (motor not included). One-person easy-to-step mast. Aluminum trailer is serviceable. For more specs and stock pics go to: https://drascombe.uk/range/dabber
Price: $3,500 (compare $5-7,000 on mainland and $22,000 new). Call 203-982-6991
- 24 hours per week. $16 - $19 per hour. Single medical and other benefits. Requires computer knowledge. Please call (401) 466-3231 or email email@example.com for more information. Position open until filled. EOE.
- Block Island School is seeking a Teacher Assistant. $18.96 per hour, 35 hours per week, school vacations excluded, benefits per the Town Employees’ Contract. Call 401-466-5600 for more information. Applications accepted until position is filled. EOE.
- Block Island School seeks two part-time custodians, $17.21 per hour, 20 hours per week. Benefits per the Town Employees’ Contract. Call 401-466-5600 for more information. Applications accepted until position is filled. EOE.
- The Block Island Times is growing. We are looking for a talented sales expert to join our advertising teams, educating customers on the potential that strategic digital and social marketing presents to even the smallest local businesses. Sales specialists should thrive in an environment where top compensation comes when monthly objectives are achieved, and be expert in navigating a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities competing for your time. Candidates should be organized, professional, customer-driven, and proficient in public speaking and Microsoft applications. We offer a competitive base salary and commission package, paid vacation, full medical benefits and a 401K plan. To apply, send resume and cover letter to John Layton, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Blinds * Shades * Shutters
Susan Malone Hunnewell
802-747-8248 (preferred) * 401-466-2352
email@example.com * islandshading.com
- Spring has Sprung! Time to freshen up for the season!
Treat your home to a day at the spa!
* Steam Cleaning
* Carpets & area rugs
* Spot cleaning
* Drapery & blinds
* Outdoor cushions
* Flooring, grout & tile
* Lamp shades
* Power Washing
* Spring and fall cleaning
* Weekly, bi-weekly & monthly
* Rental turnover/mid-stay
* Event cleaning (before & after)
You play. We’ll work
Let us be your one stop for all your cleaning on BI!
We use Green products!
401-218-8713 * 401-466-8827
- The Block Island Times is looking for a general assignment reporter and web editor to join our staff. Qualified candidates will have good writing skills, especially working under deadlines, and can easily pick up new technology. They must work well with others and be careful observers of island life. Island residents are preferred.
The Times is also looking for freelance writers to cover many subject areas.
To apply, contact Publisher Jody Boucher at 401-789-9744 ext. 105 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use “BI News Reporter” in the subject line.
The Block Island Times is an equal-opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, sexual orientation or religion. We encourage applications from members of minority groups.
- Billeri & McGarry Insurance Agency Inc. Meeting all of your insurance needs. Serving Block Island customers. Conveniently located on Chapel Street. Same day Service. Quotes over the phone. 466-5998. Give us a call. Home, auto, boat, commercial liability, worker's compensation, contractor's liability, investments, life.