BLOCK ISLAND BLUEFISH DERBY
Event has passed
Benefitting the Block Island Early Learning Center
Dates: June 27th - August 8th
Sponsored by; Mohegan cafe, Nicks Rock N Roll Bar, Finns Restaurant, Harbor Grill, Diamond Blue Surf Shop, Turner Home Construction, Block Island Fishworks, and the PENN Fishing Team
$40 Registration fee - includes a t-shirt and cookout / awards ceremony. . Registration at Block Island Fishworks. Cash or checks only please - checks made to the Block Island Early Learning Center
- Registration and T-Shirts are available at Block Island Fishworks on Ocean Avenue starting June 27th, 2014.
- ‘Weigh-ins’ will consist of measuring the fish for overall length at Block Island Fishworks on Ocean Ave. during business hours.
- Divisions: Youth division (15 and under) Adult Division division (16 and older).
- Fish must be caught with rod and reel from the beach OR boat, kayak, SUP. No spearfishing permitted.
- All anglers must be registered before fishing or bringing in fish for measurement.
- Weekly prizes for each division will be awarded. (You do not need to be present). Prizes are sponsored by the Penn Fishing team and local Island businesses.
- Longest fish each week from the beach or boat qualify for weekly prize and grand prizes. Ties will be broken by the weight of fish.
- Only one weekly prize may be won per angler for the duration of the tournament – but any fish that qualifies for a grand prize will be accepted. (After an angler wins a weekly prize they can still ‘weigh in’ longer fish to qualify for grand prizes).
- Grand prizes of 1st-3rd place will be awarded at the end of the Derby on August 10th at the awards ceremony - location TBD
- Results will be posted via Facebook and the Block Island Times
- EMAIL BIFISHWORKS@MSN.COM FOR MORE INFO OR CALL 401-466-5392