On The Block
Common Ground Coffeehouse at Harbor Church
This Friday, March 30, at 7:15 p.m., the Common Ground Coffeehouse at Harbor Church will screen the historical drama, “Darkest Hour,” set in 1940 as France is about to fall to the Nazis and the Allied forces are cornered on the beaches of Dunkirk — and as Winston Churchill becomes Britain’s Prime Minister. Gary Oldman’s portrayal of the combative Churchill earned him the 2018 Best Actor Academy Award. A light supper will be served at 6:30 p.m.; coffee and dessert will be available before the film begins at 7:15. No charge, but donations are welcome.
Season Opener Varsity Baseball
Saturday March 31, Heinz field 2:45 p.m. Go Hurricanes!
Island Free Library events
- Fun activities after school every Friday at the Island Free Library at 1 p.m. A different activity every week: Legos, arts and crafts, board games, and STEM projects.
- Kids’ yoga: Fridays, 10 a.m. toddlers; 10:30 a.m. pre-schoolers. Free and fun for all.
- On Tuesdays from 5 to 7 p.m., the Island Free Library is hosting “Power Hours for Scholars.” Staff will be on hand to supervise and facilitate research, monitor group projects, and answer basic comprehension questions. Free pizza!
- Happy Easter Library crafts: Friday, March 30 at 1 p.m. and Saturday, March 31 at noon. Crafts, egg decorating, science experiments, treats, and more.
- Teen Movie Night: “Star Wars, the Last Jedi,” Saturday March 31, 6 p.m. Library.
- Cookbook Club: Wednesday, April 11, 6 p.m. What did you miss all winter? Prepare your favorite spring dish and bring it and the recipe to share, then enjoy an evening of sharing, good food and great conversation! All are welcome! Call the library or stop by to register (401) 466-3233.
Lunch Bunch is every Tuesday at 12:30 p.m. at the Community Center.
Easter Bunny in the Park
Saturday, March 31 at 11 a.m. Ball O’Brien Park Playground. Children kindergarten age and under are welcome.
Ecumenical Choir Easter Concert
The concert will be held on Easter Sunday April 1, 9 a.m. at the Harbor Church.
Crazy-as-a-Coot Bird Walk
Tuesday, April 3 at 8 a.m. Call 401-595-7055 for location.