New Shoreham Town Council Agenda
The New Shoreham Town Council will meet via telecommunication pursuant to State of Rhode Island Executive Order 22-01 dated January 6, 2022 as amended.
Open Session Zoom access: dial toll free for cellular phone or landline (888) 788 0099; (833) 548 0276; (833) 548 0282 or (877) 853 5247.
Meeting ID: 837 1834 3865 Passcode: 802754
We do not have bandwidth to support a video link for members of the general public. Please dial in or watch YouTube:
1. The Town Council will meet to discuss and evaluate candidates for Lobbyist - Mayforth Group, Pannone, Lopes, Devereaux, and O’Gara and Advocacy Solutions, LLC (May be held in closed session pursuant to Rhode Island General Law §42-46-5(a)(1) for the discussion of job performance, character, or physical or mental health of a person or persons provided that such person or persons affected shall have been
notified in advance in writing and advised that they may require that the discussion be held at an open meeting)
1. Public Comment
2. Report from Dr. Thomas Warcup, BI Medical Center Director, regarding COVID-19 and public health; and/or Discuss and act on an emergency Town ordinance to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 to protect the health, safety and welfare of the residents of and visitors to the Town which are imminently imperiled by an unforeseen circumstance.
3. Continued Item from December 15, 2021 and from January 4, 2022 - Public Hearing: Receive and act on Proposed Amendments to Town of New Shoreham General Ordinances Chapter 2 Administration, Article IV Public Property, Division 3 Capital Improvements
4. Continued Item from January 10, 2022 – Discuss and act on approval of the easement Plat 19, Lot 3; the Overlook Property
5. Receive and act on Report of Town Manager (Public Works, Finance, School, Library, Recreation, Administration, Harbors, Broadband, Police, Roads, Cable)
6. Receive Report of Police Chief
7. Discuss and act on hiring of a lobbyist
8. Discuss and act on support of Narragansett redevelopment proposal for the Lighthouse Inn, Galilee
9. Discuss and act on Block Island School Stage Two gymnasium and HVAC renovations
10. Resolution authorizing and providing for the incurrence of indebtedness of $1,343,000 financing capital improvements at the Block Island Water Company (USDA Bulletin 1780-27)
11. Receive and on act deer and pheasant hunting dates for 2022/2023 (previously submitted) and 2023/2024 (initial proposal to Town Council) seasons recommended by the Deer Task Force
12. Discuss and act on Change Order #1 to Cardi Corporation for the West Beach Road project reducing the total by $4,730
13. Discuss and act on meets and bounds on Scotch Beach access
14. Legislative agenda: Prohibition Class C liquor license, low speed vehicles, Tourism Improvement District, Jeff Wright President
BIUD request re: net metering, Gary Pollard request for Class T liquor license
15. Correspondence: Nigel Grindley West Beach revetment degradation; Steve and Laura Hester, Kristin Baumann, Eli Homes, Rev. Eletha Buote-Greig –LGBTQ discrimination; Alicia Miro – affordable housing needs
16. Minutes: December 8, 2021, January 4, 2022, January 5, 2022, January 10, 2022 12:30 p.m., January 10, 2022 4:00 p.m. (open & closed), January 11, 2022
17. Discuss and act on opening the minutes of June 9, 2021
To see supporting documents for this agenda, go to: Clerkbase https://clerkshq.com/NewShoreham-RI The meeting can be watched on YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmvoSBIQ0bsFRg1kxPgNVCA
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date.
TTY: 711. Posted: 1/14/2021 mm