New Price! One of a Kind Corn Neck Location: Riptide - a vintage Block Island Cape: http://www.liladelman.com/741-corn-neck-rd-block-island-rhode-island-02807/4112164
741 Corn Neck RoadBlock Island Rhode Island 02807United States
Panoramic views sweeping across conservancy land and the National Wildlife Refuge to the North Light and the Block island Sound draw your attention whether you are walking through the front door or sitting on the ‘wrap around porch’ of ‘Riptide’, a vintage Block Island Cape. This pristine, updated and picturesque 3 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom cottage with a finished barn and garden house to match and a small ‘ velvety grass’ level lot, is a special place that is your passport to the perfect island home.
The porch encourages you to sit down and enjoy the many bird species that migrate to and from the sanctuary and the north end of the island. The beautiful sunsets and evening sky capture and draw you in with a beauty that is unsurpassed. Storms of all sorts are exciting to watch as they cross over the water in a darkened sky creating an exciting scene often never witnessed with such intensity.
The interior of the house is an open living, dining and kitchen with windows and a lovely gas fireplace with sliding doors to the porch for those delicious views. You are invited to track the weather and wind with mounted Maximum Instruments. There is a back hall, bedroom, laundry, full bath and step down ‘office with a view’.
Up the back staircase is a small hall with two closets and a master bedroom with those sweeping views to entice you to lie down and enjoy the scenery. There is a half bath with a closet and a small bedroom to accommodate a ful l bed , dresser and shelves.
- It is magnificently cozy.
- Outside there is an easy to maintain lawn with a fully finished barn.
The barn has a gas fireplace , partial two story with a ceiling fan and a sturdy ladder to a ‘sleeping loft’ or ‘storage loft’. There are two cedar closets and screen doors to enjoy summer breezes as well as two hurricane double-hung windows.
- Outside of the barn are two small vegetable and herb gardens that produce delightful summer fare.
- The garden house is outfitted with a steel cabinet and everything needed to keep you pots and garden tools in order. It completes with a large awning window and planter with summer flowers.
- The driveway and back walkway is ‘bluestone’ and lined with beach rocks as are all the gardens. It has a permeable membrane underneath the stones to prevent weeds from popping up.
There is ample parking and a convenient driveway right off Corn Neck Road as you are coming from town and down the last hill to Sachem Pond and the North Light. Visit the ‘Sacred Labyrinth’ or take the road to ‘Clayhead’ on the right or the road to the ‘West Beach’ on your left. All are a very short distance from ‘Riptide’.
- Absolutely nothing to do but enjoy this cottage all updated and turnkey with ‘picture perfect’ curb appeal.